A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Audi A8L

Old 06-10-2015, 08:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Audi A8L

Hello all,
My name is David. I own a 2005 Audi A8L. Last August I went to get into the car, it would not raise. It was parked in dynamic mode. the amber and green lights are lit on the dash. The car is lowered with links. I had driven the car for a few months without any issues until the one day I parked it, came back out from eating. Since then, the car has sat. I an unable to drive it because it has leaked the rest of the way down over time and drags the ground. Compressor has power, fuses, relays all are fine or have been replaced. I have ordered the Rosstech software, have not received it yet. I am hoping I will be able to address the issue. Anyway, thanks for looking. Feel free to chime in if you have any advise on the issue.

Thanks

!!!

In dynamic mode, still working perfectly at this point

Current state. less than 1'' from dragging the cross brace and exhaust.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For all 4 shocks to be down it is likely the compressor or block. Do a search you can read up through a lot of the threads--sorry to hear you are having issues.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Where are you located?
Old 06-10-2015, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default disconnect battery

for a few hours
then drive cycle it a few times.
there is plenty of discussion on this topic here.
air holes in shock boots, level sensors, the compressor and so on.

you need to scan and see what it comes up with
Old 06-10-2015, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default If the air suspension has all these level sensors... What happened

when you manually lowered the car? The control system will try to raise the car constantly as programmed because it sense the car level is lower than the specs... it's been working overtime... Anyhow, let us know how you fix the problems.

Cheers and good luck,

Louis
Old 06-11-2015, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do you need a set of links stock sized (or a tad larger)? I do make them as well FWIW.

The links could be too far out of range (i've done this) and cause suspension errors. Let us know what the scan shows.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperDave417
Hello all,
... I have ordered the Rosstech software, have not received it yet. I am hoping I will be able to address the issue.
Dave, welcome! Great news above; you'll get it sorted once you learn your way around the software. A service "manual" (disc) is invaluable ($99) too but if you ask nice we have been known to commit some rare incidences of copyright violation (which I see as "Art")...

Search and you'll find I'm sure. As a last resort, someone (Awdinut?) Was looking for a Northern Blue D3 with cappuccino interior... they are rare (Please don't tell my friend Awdinut that I told you that)!

Keep us "posted"
-Tom
Old 06-14-2015, 08:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. I'll try to touch base on all comments.
First, I do have the stock links still, will be installing them shortly.

Second, I am really not looking to part with the car at this time, I do love it very much. Would much rather be driving it!

Third, The compressor works, it turns on and pumps when I manually put power to it. The relay is functioning well, all fuses leading up to the compressor are working perfectly. Which leads me to believe its a level sensor issue.

next, I am located south west Missouri.

Thank you all for the insight, my next question is, If this is an issue from the sensors being out of range, is that something ill be able to reset with the RossTech program?
Old 06-14-2015, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperDave417
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. I'll try to touch base on all comments.
First, I do have the stock links still, will be installing them shortly.

Second, I am really not looking to part with the car at this time, I do love it very much. Would much rather be driving it!

Third, The compressor works, it turns on and pumps when I manually put power to it. The relay is functioning well, all fuses leading up to the compressor are working perfectly. Which leads me to believe its a level sensor issue.

next, I am located south west Missouri.

Thank you all for the insight, my next question is, If this is an issue from the sensors being out of range, is that something ill be able to reset with the RossTech program?
Your level sensors can't be out of range. They are encoders and they can turn endless number of turns, but they can be physically broken if your links are too long. Replace links with factory ones and check sensors. Replace if necessary. That may be enough to pump up your suspension. VCDS will help you. You may need to perform Adaptation. In that process you can lower your car not risking damages.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you for the info. Broken physically? because I have removed all four of them and inspected them. They seem to be put together and not damaged. With that being said, they would have internal issues I'm sure.

I should be receiving my cable soon. I already downloaded the software. I have a strange feeling my left rear sensor maybe causing the problems. Can one faulty sensor shut down the entire system?

Thank you again for your words of wisdom!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Audi A8L