A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some help with my D3 A8

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 09:23 PM
ftr
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help with my D3 A8

I'm new with audi, and i wanted to know how i can make my car (D3 A8) look sporty, like some help with body kits and performance etc...

thnxx,,,,
Old 07-14-2010, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Dunno what model you have but if not a diesel I guess there's nothing much available to cut 0-60 performance. At least not within reasonable cost.

You can lower it, replace the swaybars and get better brakes to boost performance that way and you'll get your sporty looks at the same time.

Apart from fancy wheels you could replace bumpers and trunk lid with S8 parts. I'm not a fan of body kits on this type of car, at least not the type with vents and mesh everywhere, so can't help you more on that one but imho this car deserves a classy treatment so you can't go wrong with the S8 parts. If too discrete for you, go with something from ABT or other reputable tuning company.

Interiorwise you could replace the wood trim. I bought a spare set and had it painted piano black and the outcome was awesome. Another option is CF but it's gonna cost you more.

Well those were some ideas from my side. GL and post pics, as long as they are classy :P
Old 07-15-2010, 02:35 AM
ftr
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Hilden
Dunno what model you have but if not a diesel I guess there's nothing much available to cut 0-60 performance. At least not within reasonable cost.

You can lower it, replace the swaybars and get better brakes to boost performance that way and you'll get your sporty looks at the same time.

Apart from fancy wheels you could replace bumpers and trunk lid with S8 parts. I'm not a fan of body kits on this type of car, at least not the type with vents and mesh everywhere, so can't help you more on that one but imho this car deserves a classy treatment so you can't go wrong with the S8 parts. If too discrete for you, go with something from ABT or other reputable tuning company.

Interiorwise you could replace the wood trim. I bought a spare set and had it painted piano black and the outcome was awesome. Another option is CF but it's gonna cost you more.

Well those were some ideas from my side. GL and post pics, as long as they are classy :P

nop its not a diesal, and thnx a lot for your reply really appreciate it....
so theres nothing i can do to increase my cars bhp without harming it?
Old 07-15-2010, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nothing that will make a difference I'd say. Sure you can slap on an exhaust, hi-flow air filter and get the ECU remapped but you're unlikely to notice any difference.

Other options are turbocharging or supercharger but then you're in another league costwise and might as well go buy an S8 instead
Old 07-15-2010, 09:59 AM
ftr
AudiWorld Newcomer

Nothing that will make a difference I'd say. Sure you can slap on an exhaust, hi-flow air filter and get the ECU remapped but you're unlikely to notice any difference.

Other options are turbocharging or supercharger but then you're in another league costwise and might as well go buy an S8 instead

yeah you're right, so wot kinda exhaust would u suggest, something that wud not make the car sound or look cheap, since its not a sports car.??
Old 07-15-2010, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not sure. Haven't looked too much into this but the large names like Abt, MTM, Supersprint, Eisenmann, etc usually have nice although pricy stuff. If you have a good local exhaust guy to weld you a custom system you could probably get a good one for less. There are a bunch of S8 systems on ebay etc also but not sure if they would do something soundwise.

If you're only after the sound it's probably enough with a catback system, or only the last boxes. I had the last box replaced with a Remus one on my old D2 and it sounded pretty nice.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:50 AM
ftr
AudiWorld Newcomer

Not sure. Haven't looked too much into this but the large names like Abt, MTM, Supersprint, Eisenmann, etc usually have nice although pricy stuff. If you have a good local exhaust guy to weld you a custom system you could probably get a good one for less. There are a bunch of S8 systems on ebay etc also but not sure if they would do something soundwise.

If you're only after the sound it's probably enough with a catback system, or only the last boxes. I had the last box replaced with a Remus one on my old D2 and it sounded pretty nice.
thanks alot for your help, one more question, can you plz give some more list of large names,,,
Old 08-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Former Vendor

Default REMUS For Your A8

Ftr:

Hi. REMUS USA Rep' here. We have a very nice axle back splice on muffler system for that model A8. It has the Left and Right "Future Design" tips that are 90mm (3.54") in diameter. These will give your A8 the famous "REMUS Sound," meaning around town at low to medium throttle settings, deep and throaty, but on the quiet side. But when you're on the throttle under load, they can be heard. That's been REMUS' claim to fame; all the H.P., Torque and Efficeincy benefits of engineered back pressure free flow exhaust, without being obnoxious. If you have interest, PM me, and I'll let you know pricing and availability. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Had this kind of Remus muffler on my old D2 and was very happy with

the sound so I'd recommend it.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

window tint, tint the tailights, blackout the front marker lights, authentic German front plate (if you can)
these are all relativley cheap, but change the appearance.
Most importantly, keep it clean!!

Quick Reply: need some help with my D3 A8