A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nice looking Trunk Spoiler Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice looking Trunk Spoiler Suggestions?

Any suggestions for a nice trunk spoiler on the D3? I am usually not a big fan of mods that aren't OEM, but I am looking to do something very discreet to my trunk.

I came across this from a German company called Tese Design that looks pretty dang close to the integrated S8 trunk spoiler upon a first glance, but it's pretty hard to tell what it actually looks like from a Photoshopped pic ... and the most horrific wheels in the history of aftermarket wheels kinda distract from the spoiler as well. Anyone seen one in person? Or have any other suggestions? Most other spoiler lips I've seen don't look all that nice - JE-Design, ABT or what have you.

http://www.tese-design.de/Audi/A8/He...S-Audi-A8.html
Old 11-01-2012, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I have not been a big fan of rear spoilers for the D3s but I think that one looks integrated and classy. I say we let you be the tip of the spear on this one. Report back.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My thoughts exactly. My only question is, does it look nice because the car is black and that hides the edges quite well, OR - because that wing simply integrates well. I have a silver car and am afraid it will look a lot worse. I'd love to take one for the team, but feeling a bit iffy about a €130 hit-or-miss purchase. Maybe I'll log on when I'm drunk this weekend and order it

By comparison, JE Design's wing is actually pretty similar design wise, but it looks TERRIBLE;

Old 11-01-2012, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Default 'nice looking spoiler' is an oxymoron...

Originally Posted by Sanders
Any suggestions for a nice trunk spoiler on the D3? I am usually not a big fan of mods that aren't OEM, but I am looking to do something very discreet to my trunk.

I came across this from a German company called Tese Design that looks pretty dang close to the integrated S8 trunk spoiler upon a first glance, but it's pretty hard to tell what it actually looks like from a Photoshopped pic ... and the most horrific wheels in the history of aftermarket wheels kinda distract from the spoiler as well. Anyone seen one in person? Or have any other suggestions? Most other spoiler lips I've seen don't look all that nice - JE-Design, ABT or what have you.

http://www.tese-design.de/Audi/A8/He...S-Audi-A8.html
they're called spoilers because they spoil the looks of a car ! And in this particular case, consider the source...look at those wheels ! If you look in the dictionary under "bad taste" there will be a photo of the TESE A8. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by awdinut; 11-02-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I looks horrible. A few people around here have this spoiler on A6s.
When I was first going to buy an A6 (before ending up with an A8) one I looked at was ideal but I didn't buy it due to the spoiler, so think about resale values.

I think the S8 has different trunk, so you could look for a used one if you like that.
Attached Images  
Old 11-02-2012, 02:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snapdragon
I looks horrible. A few people around here have this spoiler on A6s.
When I was first going to buy an A6 (before ending up with an A8) one I looked at was ideal but I didn't buy it due to the spoiler, so think about resale values.

I think the S8 has different trunk, so you could look for a used one if you like that.
Yep, I know the S8 does. That's the look I was going for and why I mentioned it in the original post. People with A6s have that exact Tese spoiler? How do you mean it affects resale value? Glue residue isn't permanent

Originally Posted by awdinut
they're called spoilers because they spoil the looks of your car !
Thanks for your opinion.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sanders
Yep, I know the S8 does. That's the look I was going for and why I mentioned it in the original post. People with A6s have that exact Tese spoiler? How do you mean it affects resale value? Glue residue isn't permanent .
I don't know the brand I only see them when driving, but the same shape. Looks worse on light cars. I wouldn't buy a car that had that on, in fact, I wouldn't even go to see it if I saw it on the photos, but that's just me. My eye is always drawn to the ends, the way the curved line doesn't follow through over lights looks like an afterthought.

Last edited by snapdragon; 11-02-2012 at 03:34 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I don't know the brand I only see them when driving, but the same shape. Looks worse on light cars. I wouldn't buy a car that had that on, in fact, I wouldn't even go to see it if I saw it on the photos, but that's just me. My eye is always drawn to the ends, the way the curved line doesn't follow through over lights looks like an afterthought.
I think you're missing my point entirely. The reason I was curious about this particular spoiler is because it looks different than the "ones you see when driving".
Old 11-02-2012, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMO the tese-design looks slightly better than the jd-design, but neither compare to the factory S8 spoiler.
My suggestion would be to save up for the S8 trunk lid.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts

+1

A car with aftermarket tat stuck on it is given a wide berth by me too. It shows that the car has been meddled with (and not necessarily for the best) by someone who perhaps doesn't know what they're doing, and is likely to have been driven much harder than a standard car.

Quick Reply: Nice looking Trunk Spoiler Suggestions?