A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One year of ownership and 23K miles later

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default One year of ownership and 23K miles later

And still loving every minute of it!

2010 A8L

There are things that need to be addressed of course but overall this has been a fantastic car an I hope to get a lot more miles out of it. Closing in on 96K so it should be good for a while.

I need to replace some squeaky bushings, fix a slow leak in the left front strut that only leaks when it's below freezing, the key is sometimes not found but it looks like it's the key itself. The steering wheel does not always come down when I start the car which is kinda weird, and since yesterday the parking assist button on the dash flashes and I get a long beep in reverse with no working sensors. I'll hook up the VCDS tomorrow and see what's going on. Oh and now that it's getting warmer, the trunk won't open on its own again so I need new struts. I hope they sell the aluminum ones still.

I have the twisted 5 spoke 19" wheels in my car and am running winter tires. I just bought a spare set of rims and summer tires so it'll be an easy swap from here on out.

Best winter car ever by the way, holy cow! With good winter tires this thing is really hard to beat in snow, as far as sedans go that is.

Old 03-29-2019, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can order OE Stabilus trunk shocks from: https://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/ye...SEDAN%204-DOOR

They are significantly cheaper than Audi branded ones and still come in the very pretty chrome finish. I should have the invoice so I will send you the part numbers later. The OE part numbers are also present on the Audi shock, so if you call lift support depot they will guide you on how to find the number they need.