A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paging Scmalk... Are your wipers working better?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paging Scmalk... Are your wipers working better?

My car was in this week for some small warranty items to be taken care of. My ski boot needed to be replaced - the door kept falling off! And I had an air vent in the pillar that had broken that had been on special order that had come in. So, while my car was going in I had a few other items for them to check on...

Sunroof wind deflector making a strange noise everytime it raised and lowered. They ended up replacing the motor.

Center dash air vent wasn't blowing any air - ordered me a new vent!

Stinky A/C - Did a complimentary Aircept treatment - I'm sure this will help for about a week :-\

And of course my wiper issue!! I went in prepared with the information you gave me, including your service advisor's name and phone number. The next day I got a call from the Tech that was working on my car and asked me to explain what the wipers were actually doing... and that he had placed an order for a new wiper motor for my car! Actually, I think my service advisor was just tired of hearing me b*tch about it and decided this was easier than having to deal with this issue one-more-time!

So, I think I have finally made my service advisor's PITA list, but hey, I think I finally got my point across =)
Old 03-18-2007, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default g, even though my A8 is history

Id love to know the outcome of this.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

New motor should help, but I still think there is a ground issue with spastic then cooked motors.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Paging Scmalk... Are your wipers working better?

Hi Gina-

Thanks for the note. Does that mean that I'm also on the PITA list?

Wipers appear to be working fine but, in all honestly, the weather has been too nice to use them here in the high desert of Oregon. The times when we have used them I have not noticed the "hesitation" that I had before.

Hopefully, nothing will happen!

By the way...I've made a trade with my wife...she gets to drive the G500 for the summer and I get the Audi!
Old 03-18-2007, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Maybe we need to start a PITA club =)

I'm hoping this is the magic cure, otherwise my service advisor will never listen to me again!

How did you ever get your wife to trade the A8L for the entire summer? I could understand a couple weeks... but the whole summer?!! :-)
Old 03-18-2007, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Oh, you'll hear from me if this doesn't fix the problem!!!
Old 03-19-2007, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This issue was the one that finally broke my back.

There is no reason why Audi cannot identify this problem, especially since a number of us suffer(ed) through it.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yes, it has been frustrating.

Especially when I spoke with my advocate and he tells me that AoA has no record of such a problem!
Old 03-19-2007, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Maybe we need to start a PITA club =)

I'm in for the PITA Club!!

Not a big issue trading. We've got 2.5 year old twins and the G500 has dual screen DVD's! The G is actually a great car and I love it. I do drive about 25 mile each way to work so I played the "gas saving" card!
Old 03-19-2007, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Ahhh..... now I understand.

When my kids were that age they only had each other for entertainment and that usually ended up with somebody crying! Unfortunately they're 16 & 17 now and I still have to tell them to "cut it out" or somebody's going to end up crying... =) Actually, for a brother & sister they get along pretty well, just the usual teenage stuff!

Not a bad swap then... entertainment on the go, I'm guessing it's pretty easy getting the kids in and out since they're at that "I can do it" stage, plus I can relate to the gas saving issue - don't know what you're paying in Oregon, but in the bay area the prices have recently taken a big jump. I think my last fill-up was something like $3.28/gallon!

Quick Reply: Paging Scmalk... Are your wipers working better?