A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Part Number for Lock Actuator/latch for rear soft close

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Part Number for Lock Actuator/latch for rear soft close

Hi Guys,

do any of you know the exact part number for the lock/latch actuator for The Audi A8 soft close mechanism? It’s for an Audi D3 S8 from 2008 and it’s for the rear left door.

you have the soft close motor itself, the cable and then the part which assists the lock in pulling in the door. i need that part number.

do any of you know?
Old 05-10-2019, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

I am not 100%, but this looks to be the part you are looking for.

https://www.jimellisaudiparts.com/pr...E0839015J.html
Old 05-19-2019, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi All,

Fixed everything. Turned out a small spring was broken in the soft close part of the door’s lock.

The part I replaced was the 4E0 839 015 WITH soft close.

If you look at the picture underneath you’ll see the broken part.

Thanks for all the help.

If you take a closer look you can see that the small spring, just underneath the “black claw” is not in its original position anymore. Since this has been riveted, almost impossible to put the spring back. I had to buy a new lock.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

How difficult was this to do as both of my drivers side have stopped working. I can hear the motor though.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi,

Depends. If you know where to look and which screws /plugs to loosen.Not super difficult.

First time took me some hours, now able to do it in less than 30 minutes. To give you an idea:

1. Take off door panel, 10 minutes (Some screws are well hidden)
2. Take off window motor, soft close motor and sun shade motor (if present), 5 minutes
3. Roll window down 4-5 inches, remove inner aluminum door panel rubber circles to access screws for fastening the window and remove the two torx screws, 5 minutes.
4. Remove sun shade from door (Some cars have these in the rear). This was tricky and took me a lot of time to figure out at first, 10 minutes.
5. Remove inner aluminum door panel, like 20 torx screws around the edges of the panel, 5 minutes
6.Loosen two spline bolts of the door’s lock, 5 minutes.
7.Remove the lock and inspect iT, 5 minutes.
8. Put everything back in the reverse order, 20 minutes.

From experience i’ve learned that the soft close can have potentially 3 broken parts. The motor itself (easy to replace), the cable and the door’s lock.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Oembaloem
Hi,

Depends. If you know where to look and which screws /plugs to loosen.Not super difficult.

First time took me some hours, now able to do it in less than 30 minutes. To give you an idea:

1. Take off door panel, 10 minutes (Some screws are well hidden)
2. Take off window motor, soft close motor and sun shade motor (if present), 5 minutes
3. Roll window down 4-5 inches, remove inner aluminum door panel rubber circles to access screws for fastening the window and remove the two torx screws, 5 minutes.
4. Remove sun shade from door (Some cars have these in the rear). This was tricky and took me a lot of time to figure out at first, 10 minutes.
5. Remove inner aluminum door panel, like 20 torx screws around the edges of the panel, 5 minutes
6.Loosen two spline bolts of the door’s lock, 5 minutes.
7.Remove the lock and inspect iT, 5 minutes.
8. Put everything back in the reverse order, 20 minutes.

From experience i’ve learned that the soft close can have potentially 3 broken parts. The motor itself (easy to replace), the cable and the door’s lock.

Hope this helps.
Cheers fella. I know what you are saying. I am bit like that, once I tackle this once it should be a lot easier. Are there any step by step photos on this?
thanks
Old 06-08-2019, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yes enough.

Check my username and the threads I started, the most recent ones all relate to this.

Just make sure you have the right tools and enough time.

Good luck.