A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People messing with your car

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
Default People messing with your car

Well, this morning, I was pretty annoyed to get to school and see someone had stuck gum on my car. Pain in the neck to clean off. Could be worse, I suppose, but it makes me wonder why anyone would have done such a thing. I mean, there was a trash can 6 feet in front of my car. Anyone else ever have a problem with someone doing something to their car? On a potentially related note, everyone assumes the car is a lot more expensive than it is and that I must have money, so sometimes I get compliments, other times I get a nasty comment or two.

Old 11-15-2018, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

• Nasty comments and compliments all the time. The reactions going both ways defuse when I tell them I bought mine for a lot cheaper than their 2014 Honda Civic/ 2013 Hyundai Elantra..
    • Who the hell pays $13k for a Hyundai?!?!
  • I've gotten people purposely moving my driver side mirror to the folded position at Walmart - actively watched as this asshat did it and became flustered when I questioned him; as revenge I folded his F-150's mirror backwards right in front of him.
    • Don't ask why they did it in the first place some people just don't understand the concept of respecting other people's property, but when you mess with theirs they lose it.
  • Got called some nasty names by students passing by just because it's an Audi...
  • Get cut off on the road all the time because it's a German car...
    • I never get cut off in my Ford Ranger though lol
Probably more but yes there's always something going on. Less so now that I got my mufflers on.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Yeesh, you have it worse than I do. Still, found the mirror folded a couple times. People are weird.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To quote The Doors, "people are strange"