A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picking up an A8L next week with air suspension issue

Old 03-23-2019, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Johns00
If it's just the pump that's inoperable, purchase a new/remaned pump and install it on purchase. Should only take 30-60 min and you can drive the car home.
It’s rare that it’s just the pump. A dead pump is usually a secondary failure due to an unresolved leak causing the pump to over work and burn out. Putting a new pump in without fixing the leak is good money after bad, as you’ll overwork and damage a brand new one right from the outset, even if you do manage to limp it home.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I managed to get it home
I should start a new thread but to give this one closure, let me state that it did fine getting home, with an inoperative suspension.
Next is troubleshooting and maintenance.

Originally Posted by dvs_dave

It’s rare that it’s just the pump. A dead pump is usually a secondary failure due to an unresolved leak causing the pump to over work and burn out. Putting a new pump in without fixing the leak is good money after bad, as you’ll overwork and damage a brand new one right from the outset, even if you do manage to limp it home.

Search this Thread