A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about installing factory under-the-floor Bluetooth module

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 04:04 PM
The Transporter

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Questions about installing factory under-the-floor Bluetooth module

Before I go pulling up my carpet, I wanted to run this by the forum!

I picked up "Bluetooth Handsfree Module" / Telematics part number 4E0 862 335 (model BE 6398, manufactured in 2008) for my 2004 A8L. As far as I know, the vehicle never had this bluetooth connectivity; when I'd hit the telephone button on the MMI controls the system would inform me that there was no telephone. However, according to the Audi "CAR DATA" sheet provided by (crap, I can't recall his handle!) a forum member for my vehicles VIN, the vehicle PR numbers indicate:

"9ZS" - "Mobile phone interface Internal with voice control";
PR "QF0" - "Without receiver (car phone)" (which I assume relates to the center console carphone)
"QH0" - "not with voice control".
^-- note the QH0 and 9ZS both present, with the former claiming no voice control yet the latter having voice control.

The man I bought this from said I should be able to install it under the drivers-side floor board, pretty much plug-and-play, and then enable whatever options necessary in the hidden MMi menu and do whatever options/adaptation in Telematics (module 77 I think?) of VCDS/Vagcom.

I've found the installation instructions for this particular part as well as viewed a video and photos of the installation and it appears there is a plastic box under the drivers side carpet where the unit goes. Would this box (and the wiring) be present on my vehicle? What about the microphone to pick up these voice commands? I am confused here. He seemed confident it would be all good if I just installed this unit (he's local, and has done work on my car before, but not on the telematics or anything). Right now I have an AMI unit with the latest MMI software update installed via the update CDs prior to swapping the CD player for the AMI.

Thanks
Naudi
Old 05-15-2019, 10:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

You could always just go and try it, your car has the OnStar system.....I retrofitted a lot of bluetooth systems to the 04's and I tapped into the existing wiring. Here are some details under "upgrades":

audipages D3 A8 Procedures