A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Vanity Mirror Latch Clips For Sale.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear Vanity Mirror Latch Clips For Sale.....

If anyone has had their rear vanity mirror just pop down and will not latch when put back up then you have found the right post. I am selling just the latch clips for $25 each with free shipping. The inside of the spring loaded clip breaks, but you can not buy that piece from Audi. I have a supplier for this part and thought it would help out someone with this problem. Note this is for an 05 A8L with rear vanity fold down mirrors. This latch should fit 04-06 without issue. It is a 2 minute repair with instructions and is identical to the factory one. If interested PM me.
Attached Images  

Last edited by A8nightmare; 09-18-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still have the Latch Clips?

Originally Posted by A8nightmare
If anyone has had their rear vanity mirror just pop down and will not latch when put back up then you have found the right post. I am selling just the latch clips for $25 each with free shipping. The inside of the spring loaded clip breaks, but you can not buy that piece from Audi. I have a supplier for this part and thought it would help out someone with this problem. Note this is for an 05 A8L with rear vanity fold down mirrors. This latch should fit 04-06 without issue. It is a 2 minute repair with instructions and is identical to the factory one. If interested PM me.
I am interested in purchasing 2 clips.. Do you take PayPal?

Thanks,

James jfawson@veracitylogistics.com
Old 02-27-2013, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts
Default Man be serious....

You can pick these up for less than a dollar online! Just google "Mini Touch Latch"

By the way, I have some grains of rice that I'm willing to sell for the very special price of $15 a piece....I take paypal too!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dvs_dave
You can pick these up for less than a dollar online! Just google "Mini Touch Latch"

By the way, I have some grains of rice that I'm willing to sell for the very special price of $15 a piece....I take paypal too!
Funny, about a year ago, I hit a pot hole and one of my vanity mirror's came down and wouldn't stay up. I disassembled the entire assy only to realize this little latch was broken. I spent weeks and weeks trying to find the common name for this latch, until A8nightmare made them available and purchased one from him (no regrets). Nonetheless I repaired my assy for 20 bucks, instead of purchasing a new one for $350.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Would you mind giving me the instructions on taking the rear vanity mirror apart.

Appreciate any help.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Man be serious....
You can pick these up for less than a dollar online! Just google "Mini Touch Latch"...
Ouch!

Group Buy! Ima make a PAELLA!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Site for OEM interior trim parts

Originally Posted by aTOMic*
Ouch!

Group Buy! Ima make a PAELLA!
Does anyone know a good site to order small interior parts? I need the retainer clip for my driver's side sun visor, and a plastic cover for a rear seat belt retainer.
Thanks!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by snatchman
Would you mind giving me the instructions on taking the rear vanity mirror apart.

Appreciate any help.
Anyone ever tell you that you resemble Michael Jordan?
Old 06-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Id like to buy a clip. bernik.tile@gmail.com
Old 06-20-2013, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by seriy_m5
Id like to buy a clip. bernik.tile@gmail.com
I found these on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAMP-PR-4PK-Non-Mag-Mini-Touch-Latch-/321080762159?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac1e79f2f#ht_1844wt_1141

Quick Reply: Rear Vanity Mirror Latch Clips For Sale.....