AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d3-platform-discussion-60/)
-   -   S8 caliper anti rattle clips P/N? + Pics of my A8, 22's etc.. (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d3-platform-discussion-60/s8-caliper-anti-rattle-clips-p-n-pics-my-a8-22s-etc-2816166/)

Lexdiamondz10304 11-06-2011 08:52 AM

S8 caliper anti rattle clips P/N? + Pics of my A8, 22's etc..

3 Attachment(s)
Hi, everyone, long time reader, first time Poster. I will be having my calipers powdercoated, and im having trouble finding the PN for the S8 anti rattle clips. I do know that they can be bought as a separate part, and can be used with 04 model year calipers. I've seen other members on other forums with this mod, any help would be appreciated.

PS: my car is a 2004L, VagCom Lowered, Magnaflow exhaust (sounds real nice and stealthy), running 22x10.5 rear, 22x9 front, with Nitto Invos, and a "ebay" lip spoiler that was painted to match..

ayrula 11-06-2011 01:22 PM

Clean looking ride. What offset did you go with on the wheels. Aside from vag lowering did you do anything else to the suspension. How is the ride with the 22s any rubbing?

Mike141 11-06-2011 02:24 PM

Car looks nice, any way for you to post a better pic of that rear lip, I was thinking of getting one of those on my ride. What's the setup on that exhaust, just mufflers? Thanks

Lexdiamondz10304 11-06-2011 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by ayrula (Post 24220615)
Clean looking ride. What offset did you go with on the wheels. Aside from vag lowering did you do anything else to the suspension. How is the ride with the 22s any rubbing?

The offset is 35et on both front and rear. And no, just vagcom lowered as of now. I will be going 1/2" lower via lowering links soon. And no, no rubbing issues at all. Keep in mind I chose a 275/30/22 in the rear and a 255/30/22 in the front. A 285 in the rear on a 10.5" wheel might rub or be pretty damn close to the inner wheel liner.

Lexdiamondz10304 11-06-2011 03:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Mike141 (Post 24220646)
Car looks nice, any way for you to post a better pic of that rear lip, I was thinking of getting one of those on my ride. What's the setup on that exhaust, just mufflers? Thanks

The lip is worth it in my opinion. I paid 45 dollars, painted, and it matches perfectly. It's subtle, and makes the rear looks more sporty. You can put it on in less than 5 minutes, and worst case scenario, if you don't like it, just take it off, and you are only out 45 bucks. Here's the only other pic I have. Sorry im posting from an Iphone.

As far as the Magnaflow's I kept all the stock piping and just swapped out the mufflers. It gives the exhaust a much better tone. Nothing too loud. Sounds real nice if you step on it. And no loud drone at hwy speeds.

Brozee 11-06-2011 06:06 PM

Don't want to rain on your parade. This is my opinion only; don't take offense but I think your rims look a bit ridiculous placed on an A8. They may look at home on a Lincoln LS or an escalade but they are like a 5'8 man with size 14 shoes...

Lexdiamondz10304 11-06-2011 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Brozee (Post 24220739)
Don't want to rain on your parade. This is my opinion only; don't take offense but I think your rims look a bit ridiculous placed on an A8. They may look at home on a Lincoln LS or an escalade but they are like a 5'8 man with size 14 shoes...

Funny, I also had a Lincoln LS back when I was 16, on 20's lowered, custom everything. Wheel's look alot bigger than they really are because they have no "lip". The stock 18's looked way to small for a car that size. I think 20" wheels look best, on a A8, for a clean oem look. I originally wanted the 21" MTM but for 8k, nah, so I got these for 1400. Im a fan of bigger wheels, some are not, to each his own.

Brozee 11-06-2011 08:04 PM

How is the ride quality with them? I would never run them in Michigan, but was on the border of getting 20" for the months without snow. Did you have to raise the car at all or do you just have it running in "comfort" mode to have it raised so it doesn't rub?

mishar 11-06-2011 10:08 PM

I don't like how it looks, but that's not important. That's only meter of taste. A bit more important are facts that wider rear tires on a nose heavy car just improves under steering, that there is difference between front and rear diameter what makes mid differential to work overtime and that's one with limited slip, that they are quite larger than OEM what makes speedometer inaccurate and combined with larger rims kills performance and finally 30's profile kills ride quality.

Lexdiamondz10304 11-06-2011 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Brozee (Post 24220789)
How is the ride quality with them? I would never run them in Michigan, but was on the border of getting 20" for the months without snow. Did you have to raise the car at all or do you just have it running in "comfort" mode to have it raised so it doesn't rub?

Ride quality is not that bad as expected. Not much worse than running the stock 18's at max psi. And I always drive with the suspension in "dynamic" mode (keep in mind I am lowered max allowed through VagCom, so the suspension is a bit stiffer) and have no rubbing issues at all. I took alot of measurements to calculate which tire would be best to not rub, and bit my nails until the tire shop set my car back on the ground, and cleared. And yeah, I wouldn't ride a set up like this if I were in Michigan. I have been to Marquette in winter, and the roads are rough. I live in Southern California, so it's 70 year round, and luckly don't take many rough roads.