A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S8 caliper anti rattle clips P/N? + Pics of my A8, 22's etc..

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 11:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mishar
I don't like how it looks, but that's not important. That's only meter of taste. A bit more important are facts that wider rear tires on a nose heavy car just improves under steering, that there is difference between front and rear diameter what makes mid differential to work overtime and that's one with limited slip, that they are quite larger than OEM what makes speedometer inaccurate and combined with larger rims kills performance and finally 30's profile kills ride quality.
About the "staggered" fitment I helped offset this by adding 15mm spacers to the front, also because it fills up the fender much more nicely, thus leaving the front about 1/2" more inward than the rear. And the quattro's torsen based center differential is only affected by running wheels of different rolling diameter not width. So, what about performance? I bought this car as a cruiser, if "performance" was what I was seeking, I would of purchased something else. This car rarely sees higher RPMs than 2500. And as far as the speedo difference, OEM vs. My aftermarket setup, my speedo is off by 3% (slower), and I can live with that, since I'll probably keep this car until it sees the bone yard.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Looks great. I don´t think the wheels look out of place. Normally 22s without lip look a bit overdone but this design works well IMO. I´m trying to find Bimotos in 21" as well but they are rare on the 2nd hand market, in good condition, so might end up with 22s as well.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexdiamondz10304
Hi, everyone, long time reader, first time Poster. I will be having my calipers powdercoated, and im having trouble finding the PN for the S8 anti rattle clips. I do know that they can be bought as a separate part, and can be used with 04 model year calipers. I've seen other members on other forums with this mod, any help would be appreciated.

PS: my car is a 2004L, VagCom Lowered, Magnaflow exhaust (sounds real nice and stealthy), running 22x10.5 rear, 22x9 front, with Nitto Invos, and a "ebay" lip spoiler that was painted to match..
Looks great. That's my favorite color. As for "anti rattle clips"; why not use the prroper parts for your car? What kind of problem are you having or arying to avoid?
Old 11-07-2011, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

About the "staggered" fitment I helped offset this by adding 15mm spacers to the front, ...
I don't see that on your pictures. 35 mm offset plus 15 mm spacers would be 20mm offset and your wheels would stick far out from your fenders and still it won't help with under steer.

Of course if performance, including braking, doesn't matter, why would under steer.

And the quattro's torsen based center differential is only affected by running wheels of different rolling diameter not width.
Is that so? And your rolling diameters are same on fronts and rears?

I bought this car as a cruiser, ...
Most of A8 are driven way under performance maximum, but I still don't like crippling for the sake of looks. That goes more with ancient cultures.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mister Bally
Looks great. That's my favorite color. As for "anti rattle clips"; why not use the prroper parts for your car? What kind of problem are you having or arying to avoid?
Actually the clips themsleves do nothing. It's just asthetics. I want to find a set, then powdercoat my calipers and put a regular audi logo on them. Just a minor mod. Something similar to this...
Attached Images  
Old 11-07-2011, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nice car! I like them wheels on there. They dont stick out alot as to what I am used to seeing on cars with big wheels. I have a friend with a 06 750iL and he have 22's and they stick out at least 2 inches.

Is there any series # magnaflow that you went with? I see different series numbers on there website. What tips did you go with?

Last edited by mikesd1980; 11-07-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Actually the clips themsleves do nothing. It's just asthetics. I want to find a set, then powdercoat my calipers and put a regular audi logo on them. Just a minor mod. Something similar to this...
Gotcha. When I recently replaced the front pads, I spray painted mine silver. Next time maybe red!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mikesd1980
Nice car! I like them wheels on there. They dont stick out alot as to what I am used to seeing on cars with big wheels. I have a friend with a 06 750iL and he have 22's and they stick out at least 2 inches.

Is there any series # magnaflow that you went with? I see different series numbers on there website. What tips did you go with?
Thanks! And as far as the exhaust I don't remember. I let my exhaust shop recommend the mufflers. The tips cost me 50 bucks, and are just regular double wall stainless slant cut, 3.5", same as stock, except they look a little bigger since they dont have the rolled lip. All said and done, cost was 250.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default rear lip

would dig the link to that rear lip. looks great. jeremy@artmachine.com
thnx
j
Old 11-08-2011, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks just ordered the rear boot spoiler. looking forward to getting it.

Quick Reply: S8 caliper anti rattle clips P/N? + Pics of my A8, 22's etc..