Seat covers - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010

Seat covers

Old 01-20-2018, 05:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Seat covers

Anyone know of any cheap seat covers that will work with the a8s front seats? Tried some generics from autozone but they wont work.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

You can have custom made seat covers for $200-400. Just Google custom seat covers and a lot of options pull up. We have side air bags, so don't use generic seat covers.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

With leather seats of just about any car, the first section to show wear and/or tear is the section of driver's seat or seat back closest to the door. The "section" is called a bolster. It's more likely if the driver is carrying a few extra lbs. In my case, it was because the previous owner was handicapped and had to go pull himself in from a wheelchair. I took the car to a small, local upholstery guy. For $100 bucks, he replaced the leather on the bolster and I can't even tell the difference.

Before spending money on seat covers, check out what an upholsterer will do. Look for a guy who does hot rot car customised interiors.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Anyone had any success getting the perforated leather sections of the seats repaired?
Old 01-23-2018, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dvs_dave View Post
Anyone had any success getting the perforated leather sections of the seats repaired?
Probably easier to find a donor seat or skin. However, if anyone would know about perforated leather repair, try calling Larry Kosilla. He owns a company called Ammo NYC, as well as running the popular youtube channel. I got to speak to him for about 40mins a few years back about polishing my 2001 BMW 7 series. During our phone call, the call unexpectedly dropped, 5 mins later he calls me back and apologizes for the crappy signal. He is quite honestly one of the most down to earth people I have ever spoken to and loves when enthusiasts ask him questions.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

What is wrong with the originals? I have recently filled and sprayed a set of mine and they came out great. i'm waiting for summer to do my other set.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

J. C. Whitney & Co. (Everything Automotive) sells seat covers that the catalog says "Fits most cars".
Usually, that means not yours though...