A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seat trim

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default seat trim

A number of months ago, I found a plastic "thing"on my floor. It was the same color as my interior but my brain didn't make the connection.

Apparently, it is a piece of the driver seat. (see picture with holes)

For comparison, see picture of passenger seat.

Is this available anywhere? Hopefully, I don't have to buy a whole new seat. Hmm, I wonder if I can get brown duck tape?

2006 A8 L with comfort seats and ventilated.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In for an answer, I have the same problem on my drivers side same seat/color! I have not found that it is available in the limited time I have spent looking.
Old 05-09-2019, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

3d printer would bang that out in 10 minutes.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks to me like there would be 4 small plastic tabs that insert into metal one way clips on the inside of the seat. They look to have just broken off. I'd make a small steel plate and match the dowel sizes on the plastic, then just glue the original (already colour matched original) plastic trim onto the metal and push it back into the seat.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Default here's the answer...

Originally Posted by audijim113
A number of months ago, I found a plastic "thing"on my floor. It was the same color as my interior but my brain didn't make the connection.

Apparently, it is a piece of the driver seat. (see picture with holes)

For comparison, see picture of passenger seat.

Is this available anywhere? Hopefully, I don't have to buy a whole new seat. Hmm, I wonder if I can get brown duck tape?

2006 A8 L with comfort seats and ventilated.

The part when new has plastic posts on the back side that push through the holes in the leather and into holes in a retainer strip on the other side of the seat cover. The seat cover is a leather/foam/cloth sandwich and pushing the trim into the retainer co;;apses the sandwich down and gives the proper 'pucker' around the trim piece. Unfortunately the area behind the trim mounting area can not be accessed by removing the seat back; you need to remove the seat covering from the seat frame.

I had the same problem with my amaretto interior. My plastic posts broke off, as have yours I assume, so I bought a new trim piece. I was not willing to remove the seat cover to do the proper install so I did the following : I used a very good contact cement (Barge brand) and VERY carefully applied to the backside of the trim and to the leather inside the line which the original trim left imprinted on the leather. My fix has lasted for a year so far. The seat dosent have the proper pucker around the trim, but I was willing to trade that for the labor and PITA saved by not removing seat from car and doing the upholstery R&R. Good luck, let us know how what you do to fix the situation.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default where did you get the new trim piece?

Whether the plastic posts fell off or not is a mystery. Since I don't have the piece to look at, it's a guess. To recap, I found the trim piece and said to myself, "what the heck is this?". Then I put it somewhere for safe keeping. It must really be safe as I have no idea where it is now. It never dawned on me that the piece was missing for quite a while later. Call it a "senior moment".

So, where did you buy a new trim piece? Can you share the part number?
Old 05-14-2019, 06:51 PM
The Transporter

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I need this piece too! I am not sure what it's called. I need mine in black, only for the drivers side. That's the only one that is missing.

Re: audijim113's response, can you share the part number for the trim piece for us?

Thanks
Old 05-14-2019, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by awdinut
The part when new has plastic posts on the back side that push through the holes in the leather and into holes in a retainer strip on the other side of the seat cover. The seat cover is a leather/foam/cloth sandwich and pushing the trim into the retainer co;;apses the sandwich down and gives the proper 'pucker' around the trim piece. Unfortunately the area behind the trim mounting area can not be accessed by removing the seat back; you need to remove the seat covering from the seat frame.

I had the same problem with my amaretto interior. My plastic posts broke off, as have yours I assume, so I bought a new trim piece. I was not willing to remove the seat cover to do the proper install so I did the following : I used a very good contact cement (Barge brand) and VERY carefully applied to the backside of the trim and to the leather inside the line which the original trim left imprinted on the leather. My fix has lasted for a year so far. The seat dosent have the proper pucker around the trim, but I was willing to trade that for the labor and PITA saved by not removing seat from car and doing the upholstery R&R. Good luck, let us know how what you do to fix the situation.
Yes as said above please share the par number!
Old 05-15-2019, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I just went to the dealer and they looked up the part #....but I do not have the number anywhere.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:34 PM
The Transporter

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe I've found it - the base part number is 4E0881849, with sub-codes after it like "8E2" for amaretto brown color, 6PS is black, etc. See below. There's no part number listed on this image but the Russian site on which I found it had links to parts pages. I then searched that part and found it available in all the same colors as the seat interiors.

NOTE: I am seeing this listed as a rear seat, but on other sites I am seeing it listed as a front seat. I think it'll fit all bucket seats though. If this isn't the part, this should provide some insight into the name of it and some Google and eBay searches should yield what's needed..

Regards

Part #5 here is the part in question I believe

Last edited by a_very_naudi_guy; 05-15-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Quick Reply: seat trim