A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Siemens Control Module Fried

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Siemens Control Module Fried

Hi guys, i am new to this forum, i will appreciate any help.

The problems is that the car was flooded with rain water, so no ignition, no central locking, the key does nothing at all. I checked all the fuses i have access to, all ok,, then got to the modules underneath driver seat. The Siemens one is fried, it is power control module maybe?

My question is do i need some coding, cloning or other software intervention, after changing this module. The car is A8 D3 2005 4.2 BFM, it has no keyles entry

Also i want to ask if module with number 4E0 907 181 is interchangeable with the fried one which is 4E0 909 131 G.

After i change this one, i hope i will be able to open the passenger door and check the situation underneath the carpet there. Thank you in advance.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

Hello Shkretoff, Welcome aboard.

The module you have pictured is the "KESSY" module, you MUST use the same exact HW and SW numbers, you will also need someone to clone it for you, or you can remove the 93C86 eeprom chip off of your bad unit and install it into the replacement unit, that chip stores all security info and must be matched to all other modules such as ECM, steering column module, and the key itself.
I will say it is odd that your unit is missing the wording "KESSY", please tell us your location as to check as to the vehicle not having keyless entry as you say.

Here is a match to your unit on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1288-AUDI-A...5.c10#viTabs_0

Originally Posted by Shkretoff
Hi guys, i am new to this forum, i will appreciate any help.

The problems is that the car was flooded with rain water, so no ignition, no central locking, the key does nothing at all. I checked all the fuses i have access to, all ok,, then got to the modules underneath driver seat. The Siemens one is fried, it is power control module maybe?

My question is do i need some coding, cloning or other software intervention, after changing this module. The car is A8 D3 2005 4.2 BFM, it has no keyles entry

Also i want to ask if module with number 4E0 907 181 is interchangeable with the fried one which is 4E0 909 131 G.

After i change this one, i hope i will be able to open the passenger door and check the situation underneath the carpet there. Thank you in advance.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you. I will get another module and see if it will be cloned or i will change the chip.

The car is imported from Switzerland, i am the second owner. Anyway, my location is 4000 Plovdiv, Bulgaria.

I found this procedure for changing the kessy module in Ross-Tech website:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki...I_Immobilizer_Swapping_(Kessy)

Has anyone tried it. There are some codes of each module mentioned in the procedure, which i suppose should be provided from the Audi dealer.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I also want to ask you something else. I have found a module nearby on a good price.

The number of mine is 4E0 909 131 G. New one is 4E0 909 131.

Can someone please tell me if the new one, without the G in number, will work on my car. Thank you in advance.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:15 AM
Necromancer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Shkretoff
Thank you. I will get another module and see if it will be cloned or i will change the chip.

The car is imported from Switzerland, i am the second owner. Anyway, my location is 4000 Plovdiv, Bulgaria.

I found this procedure for changing the kessy module in Ross-Tech website:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki...I_Immobilizer_Swapping_(Kessy)
Has anyone tried it. There are some codes of each module mentioned in the procedure, which i suppose should be provided from the Audi dealer.
I know of no one who has used this successfully.

The only ways to DYI Kessy swap are to move over the eProm or clone it over using CARPROG.

There are shops that will do it for you on a mail in basis. Google em.

No one has cloned a kessy that wasn't an exact p/n match AFAIK.

Last edited by ScottCNelson; 06-10-2019 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Today i transported the car to a shop to deal with it. They wanted the car to be there, i hope there wont be another module fried.

Releasing the parking brake was something that i did not foresee, because it was not engaged before the water problem. It did not disengage from the button. Nevertheless i did it manually with success last night .