A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Package Suspension Settings Questions???

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 02:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport Package Suspension Settings Questions???

I have a 2005 A8L sport.

I see there are four settings (Lift,Standard,Automatic,Dynamic)

Questions:
*What setting is sport mode? I think it's dynamic?

*What mode is the softest"Comfort Mode"?

*What are the specific functions that Automatic and Standard mode do? What are the differences between the two?

One question may answer the other but I thank you for your patience and for your responses.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Adaptive Air Suspension / Adaptive Air Suspension - Sport (UK default settings)

** Automatic mode **
* Comfort-oriented damper characteristic
* Normal level approximately 120 mm ground clearance at speeds up to 120 km/h
* Automatic suspension lowering by 25 mm if vehicle is driven above 120 km/h for more than 30 seconds
* Raised back to normal level after 120 seconds at speeds below 70 km/h and immediately at speeds below 35 km/h

** Comfort mode ** (also known as Standard Mode)
* Highly comfort-oriented damper characteristic, attuned to the needs of comfortable cruising
* In the lower road speed range less influence of damping forces than in automatic and dynamic modes
* Ground clearance approximately 120 mm at all speeds

** Dynamic mode **
* Sporty damper characteristic
* Normal level approximately 100 mm ground clearance at speeds up to 120 km/h
* Automatic suspension lowering by 5 mm if vehicle is driven above 120 km/h for more than 30 seconds
* Raised back to 100 mm ground clearance after 120 seconds at speeds below 70 km/h and immediately at speeds below 35 km/h

** Lift mode **
* Damper characteristic as automatic mode
* Ground clearance increased to approximately 145 mm, e.g. for driving on country tracks and overcoming difficult underground parking garage thresholds
* Selection only possible at road speeds below 80 km/h
* Mode is quit at speeds above 100 km/h; the previously set mode is reactivated

The optional sports suspension on the Audi A8, in its automatic and comfort modes, is set around 20 mm lower than the standard adaptive air suspension.

Even the adaptive air suspension sport automatic mode is considerably sportier than the standard setup. The dynamic mode offers an even tighter, sportier setup based on harder damping.

In an extraordinary contrast, the comfort mode offers a level of ride comfort not achievable by conventional sports suspension systems.

- from Audi UK Website
Old 03-02-2007, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I see Ring has answered the settings question. If the car in the picture post..

is yours, then I don't think the rims are the original for the sport package. Are you certain you have the sport suspension set up? In 06 this came with a 5 spoke sport wheel and paddle shifters. Dis they offer sport set up in MY 05?
Old 03-02-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Adaptive Air Suspension / Adaptive Air Suspension - Sport (UK default settings)

Thank you for the quick and usefull response Ringmeister! I don't know why Audiusa.com does not have that information listed.Thanks again.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: I see Ring has answered the settings question. If the car in the picture post..

Yea im sure they are 19's and i have the paddle shift... =)
Old 03-02-2007, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You don't have the Sport Package...I can see the Wood Steering Wheel in your pic.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Paddle shifters doth not the sports package make...

When was the sport package first introduced? Late MY05, or early MY06? Does the MMI read the same as the non-sport MMI, since the MMI in your picture poster reads the same as mine and I don't have the sports suspension.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: You don't have the Sport Package...I can see the Wood Steering Wheel in your pic.

WWW.http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/121826/paddles.jpg

ARE WE CLEAR YET?
Old 03-03-2007, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Does the original window sticker say you have the sport package?

I think it was offered very near the end of the MY2005 manufacturing run but the sport package would require a different steering wheel.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sorry for creating a controversy! I believed the sport package came with a ..

19 inch 5 spoke not 12 spoke.
I think that all sport suspension cars display "sport" on the CAR main screen. I am sure the 06 I owned showed this. A paddle shift wheel can be added as an option without sport struts, the sport struts cannot be obtained as a separate option without the package.
Again, sorry if I have started something!

Quick Reply: Sport Package Suspension Settings Questions???