A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subwoofer in the A8 opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Jake, those are perfect. One can pretend he is listening to the music while trying to read the speakers mouth.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts

I have the standard Bose system and today set all the levels to the middle and really cranked it up. Quite how anyone feels that the bass is in anyway lacking must be both deaf as a post and completely numb! The volume level was not even full but it was verging on uncomfortable. The bass was shaking the rear view mirror ghetto style, and there was no discernible distortion at all.

You sure your systems are working properly?
Old 03-22-2014, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dvs_dave
I have the standard Bose system and today set all the levels to the middle and really cranked it up. Quite how anyone feels that the bass is in anyway lacking must be both deaf as a post and completely numb! The volume level was not even full but it was verging on uncomfortable. The bass was shaking the rear view mirror ghetto style, and there was no discernible distortion at all. You sure your systems are working properly?
I don't know that my B&O system is working correctly. Had the dealer remove all panels and check all speakers including sub.. They only found a defective passenger front sub. I doubt that's the only issue but they can't find anything else wrong. Go figure.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Brilliant!

Originally Posted by TSHong
... As an added bonus, you can stow away tablets and electronics in the trunk though the space without opening the trunk when leaving the car in a parking lot...
Why didn't I think of this?!
Although unless the kids are with me I don't think I could reach the ski sack door!
Thanks, TS or Hong (whichever you like to be called)
-Tom
Old 03-23-2014, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by aTOMic*
Why didn't I think of this?!
Although unless the kids are with me I don't think I could reach the ski sack door!
Thanks, TS or Hong (whichever you like to be called)
-Tom
I am a Tom as well. I use this when I have my nieces with me and they bring their tablets or laptops with them. If we go out to dinner or some where public, we just use the opening so there is no temptation for anyone. Works quite well.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

My opinion
The standard bose set up for me was ok but having always installed car audio systems in previous cars it did not have the definition that I wanted and the kick that i like.
I changed the complete system and built a sub in the back side of the spare wheel. This whole thing is not worth doing if you do not have patience as the A8 is the hardest car I have ever done and a pain in the ***. The easier option will be as posted above and just add a sub and amp. The Bose sub is not good at all but for some it is adequate :-)
Old 03-24-2014, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by chokboywonda
I changed the complete system and built a sub in the back side of the spare wheel. This whole thing is not worth doing if you do not have patience as the A8 is the hardest car I have ever done and a pain in the ***. The easier option will be as posted above and just add a sub and amp. The Bose sub is not good at all but for some it is adequate :-)
I thought about it but I knew it would be too much for me handle. I think the cost/benefit ration would be way out of wack. I think the B/O system with and added sub would be the ticket.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Beyonslay
But to connect with the fiber is very delicate and not very obvious if we do not know what we are doing.

Appvalley TutuApp Tweakbox
Your not connecting to the MOST, your tapping into the factory sub with a line level adapter.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody have a picture or such of what wires to tap in the B&O amp to get a signal for the line level converter?
Old 07-19-2019, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Bubsxl
Does anybody have a picture or such of what wires to tap in the B&O amp to get a signal for the line level converter?
I had mine done at a shop so I don't have pictures but I think they tapped into the B&O subwoofer. One note from experience, the LC2 line level adapter is usually turned on by the input of the signal when the system in turned on. This does not work with the B&O because it's digital amp and will only stay on at very high volume. You will have to trigger the level adapter to an ignition hot.

Once you get one installed, you will be amazed at the sound quality.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer in the A8 opinions