A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suspension problem. please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 04:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An hour ago I was driving as I noticed the green suspension light started blinking and the ride started to get bouncy. Once I parked it, the ride was really low. I even scraped a speed bump a lot worse than I used to scrape my bmw lowered on coilovers.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I stopped by my mechanic and he was pretty sure it was the front strut. He sounded pretty optimistic about it. He has the same car and had the same problem as he said. Could it be possible that it is the strut even tho the vagcom says otherwise?
Old 01-28-2014, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

What exactly VCDS said? Or rather, what it says now?
Old 01-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Im gonna scan it tomorrow again. When I drive it and it bounces, I do hear the strut make noises. From my previous experience, that noise is from a blow strut. But ive never had an air suspension car before so im not 100%.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same issue back in October one strut was bad and the dealer wanted to replaced both of them, the block, and compressor. I ended up getting a strut from Arnot and ordered a compressor rebuild kit and all suspension issues are gone.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Compressor rebuild kit did work?

Originally Posted by Petah Shillingford
I had the same issue back in October one strut was bad and the dealer wanted to replaced both of them, the block, and compressor. I ended up getting a strut from Arnot and ordered a compressor rebuild kit and all suspension issues are gone.
Do you know which one fixed your problem or you just shotgun everything and it fixed the problem?
Do you have the link of the rebuild kit?

Thanks,

Louis
Old 01-28-2014, 06:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So im probably gonna change out the strut and see if that fixes the problem. Ill probably still need the solenoid with the sensor but ill do that later. One problem at a time. And yes, if you have the link to the rebuild kit, that would be appreciated
Old 01-28-2014, 06:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Also, how much did that cost you? Just want a ball park amount
Old 01-28-2014, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

In my situation I needed both. I noticed the pass side lower and after scanning after putting fresh pads and rotors I was getting the leak in system, compressor shutoff, pressure senor errors. Since I had a warranty I took it to the dealer and them said the leaking struts (both of them) caused the compressor to die so nothing was covered. It was obvious it was the passenger strut leaking because when I would jack the car up at first contact I would hear the air coming out of the strut and drivers side and rears didn't do it. Strut was about 630 ish from Arnott I found a coupon but it looks like their prices have went up. But both Arnott and Rebuild Master Tech do quality rebuilds on the struts. RMT will rebuild your strut if you send it in but the price is the same you just don't have to deal with the core charge. I received the core charge back from Arnott 1 week after mailing it back and they include the shipping as well.

Compressor rebuild kit was $30 from across the pond.
http://allroadfaq.com/downloads/howto/Allroad%20Compressor%20Strip%20&%20Repair%20How%20To.pdf that explains everything.

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
Do you know which one fixed your problem or you just shotgun everything and it fixed the problem?
Do you have the link of the rebuild kit?

Thanks,

Louis
Old 01-28-2014, 09:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

AUDISAVE12 saves 10% at Arnott.

Quick Reply: suspension problem. please help