A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Telephone box / ecu location? Need help quickly...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bluetooth puck

Originally Posted by firestrait
I took couple of photos....

What can you say about these?
I couldnt attach more than one image so I make a new post.....
2004 did not have bluetooth!! Mine had motorola phone cradle (B) with a motorola bluetooth (BMW) puck! See classified. MMI needs to be programed for a in car phone and if it doesn't read a phone in cradle you get that message.
Parkrog
Old 02-10-2013, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

OP's car is 2007 and European version.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnnyJ A6Q
Mishar is right, get the same exact module that you have now, the "4F1", as you said and I checked the "4E0" is missing one connection, you have a total of 4 connection, so please go with your same exact OEM part # "4F1 862 335", BUT

BUT before you order that part can you post your scan along with a optics scan { Mishar could tell how to do optics scan, as I am having a brain block on that right now}, also please be sure your Audi phone is fully charged and functional, as in what does it do when removed from cradle and sitting in vehicle, and sorry to repeat again, But did you or will you please remove the Audi phone far away from the vehicle and try an other bluetooth enabled phone just placed in the vehicle not the cradle just in the car, and go into phone and search for Bluetooth connection, IF you bluetooth module is functioning then you should see "Audi UHV 2151" or similar on your handheld bluetooth phone, as the Audi phone is not bluetooth, just the cradle is, at least in my Audi it is, the thing that I see different with yours is that your cradle is in the arm rest, were mine is below arm rests in console and snaps into place onto the phone plate.

Also, if the vehicle is new to you and you never activated the Audi phone it has no service, and therefore can not make calls, that is what my 04 A8L had when I got it, so I just removed Audi phone cradle from the phone plate and replaced it with a 2005 Audi bluetooth cradle, then what ever bluetooth phone I had within the interior of vehicle would work through MMI, Same with my 2005 A8L I just have the phone cradle in console with no Audi phone and my Droid X2 placed in the car, the Droid See's the car and connects.
Well that really looks like that unit in my car...
I took that Audi phone out of that cradle and left it home when I went driving.... Here is the photo... My phone doesn't find anything.. :/

Also what I have forgot to tell you... That cradle doesnt charce that phone or at least the phone keeps whining about ole battery.... When I try to find other devices with Audi phone... It finds my iPhone 5 and several other phones but when I try to pair those it just tries and then Audi phone says something like this " cannot connect wehicle base station.... So that cars own phone can pair only with that telematics unit? Not with another phone? So I assume that telematics unit can connect with my own phone if it just is working??

I have also second cradle in back seats hand rest but that is identic with another.
Attached Images  
Old 02-10-2013, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mishar
OP's car is 2007 and European version.
Car is European...

So what is optics scan and how can I do it?
Old 02-10-2013, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

VCDS check Gateway > Installed List if the phone is checked.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

VCDS check Gateway > Installed List if the phone is checked.
I'll check that when I go home from work...
Old 02-11-2013, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by firestrait
So what is optics scan and how can I do it?
Have a look here: http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/optical-bus.html
Old 02-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyJ A6Q
Mishar is right, get the same exact module that you have now, the "4F1", as you said and I checked the "4E0" is missing one connection, you have a total of 4 connection, so please go with your same exact OEM part # "4F1 862 335", BUT

BUT before you order that part can you post your scan along with a optics scan { Mishar could tell how to do optics scan, as I am having a brain block on that right now}, also please be sure your Audi phone is fully charged and functional, as in what does it do when removed from cradle and sitting in vehicle, and sorry to repeat again, But did you or will you please remove the Audi phone far away from the vehicle and try an other bluetooth enabled phone just placed in the vehicle not the cradle just in the car, and go into phone and search for Bluetooth connection, IF you bluetooth module is functioning then you should see "Audi UHV 2151" or similar on your handheld bluetooth phone, as the Audi phone is not bluetooth, just the cradle is, at least in my Audi it is, the thing that I see different with yours is that your cradle is in the arm rest, were mine is below arm rests in console and snaps into place onto the phone plate.

Also, if the vehicle is new to you and you never activated the Audi phone it has no service, and therefore can not make calls, that is what my 04 A8L had when I got it, so I just removed Audi phone cradle from the phone plate and replaced it with a 2005 Audi bluetooth cradle, then what ever bluetooth phone I had within the interior of vehicle would work through MMI, Same with my 2005 A8L I just have the phone cradle in console with no Audi phone and my Droid X2 placed in the car, the Droid See's the car and connects.
This is frustrating me too since I can't even tell if my car is equipped with bluetooth. The TEL function has no options in any of the four corners. If I buy the phone cradle will the car accept my iPhone bluetooth? Was bluetooth standard or an option that had to be purchased.

What should the cradle cost?

TIA
Old 02-12-2013, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by devilsnight
This is frustrating me too since I can't even tell if my car is equipped with bluetooth. The TEL function has no options in any of the four corners. If I buy the phone cradle will the car accept my iPhone bluetooth? Was bluetooth standard or an option that had to be purchased.

What should the cradle cost?

TIA
For the beginning fill your Profile. Year, engine and location are necessary information for anybody who wont to help.

Bluetooth came in the second half of 2005 in North America. Before that A8 was equipped with OnStar. Easy to recognize buttons on the sealing.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

For the beginning fill your Profile. Year, engine and location are necessary information for anybody who wont to help.

Bluetooth came in the second half of 2005 in North America. Before that A8 was equipped with OnStar. Easy to recognize buttons on the sealing.
Well, I got the OnStar button so that must mean I do not have bluetooth. Mother*****r.

Quick Reply: Telephone box / ecu location? Need help quickly...