A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time to go, again

Old 03-21-2019, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Time to go, again

Well, this past weekend I leased a new car, so I no longer have room for the Audi! It has been an interesting ride for sure, but I'm sure the car will find a good home. Basically everything these are known for I already dealt with, so it'll be ready to be put up pretty soon. I have to take off the tail lights and sell those separately(they look brand new!), put the originals back on(as soon as I find an outer passenger one!), and a new style trunk motor I never installed, among other odds and ends. It's been fun, and I'll probably still be around to contribute where I can from time to time. I appreciate the help from you guys when I've needed it!
Old 03-21-2019, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

So what did you get?
Old 03-21-2019, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

I think you made the right decision, peace of mind is more important. The car you bought gave you more grief than joy since you moved from D4 to D3 forum IMO.
Cheers and enjoy the boredom of not having to fix anything weekly,
Louis
Old 03-21-2019, 09:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
I think you made the right decision, peace of mind is more important. The car you bought gave you more grief than joy since you moved from D4 to D3 forum IMO.
Cheers and enjoy the boredom of not having to fix anything weekly,
Louis
Yeah, a lot of what I did was replacing worn parts, and repairs long time coming! But having to replace a fender and bumper after the Tahoe tried to occupy my space in a lane, then $1800 repairs from a garbage can, and the 16mpg, it means I spent more than half the past year with the car unavailable for use. Now the insurance is replacing the carpet after water got in there, but luckily seems not to have actually damaged any of the electrics(but they still are cleaning everything up,) at a cost of another $1792. It feels like the car was never meant to be mine, and all of these things seem to point to that. I get it back from this last thing, and everything in the car is functioning and up to date, probably far more so than any other D3 on the market. Now for the fun part, finding someone who will appreciate a fully sorted out D3 with a whole lot of upgrades from stock. Because I'm probably going to ask for $7500 for it, and that means a whole lot of uneducated people are going to complain about it because they think it should be half that, pointing to a car with the suspension collapsed and mmi inoperable as an example. I do not enjoy the selling part, if I'm honest.

Originally Posted by BASARAB
So what did you get?
I got a lease on a C300, dark blue with a tan interior, they gave me what I thought was a great deal. It's a very pretty car, I think, and should give me enough comfort to be happy. It'll be great to have a warranty and the improved fuel economy. I just need to get the car a tint and get rid of the god awful runflats it came with.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Can you just leave everything original? I refused to buy a 2017 A8L CPO with 12k miles due to aftermarket tint,
If you didn't like run flats, why leased it? Did they put a gun on your head? LOL
Cheers😎😎😎
Louis
Old 03-22-2019, 01:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Good luck with the new ride
Old 03-22-2019, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You made the right decision, GLWS.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Define "new style trunk motor" and where pray tell one might find one, thanks.

Good luck with, enjoy the new ride.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts

You have the bug...

Old 03-22-2019, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by pelujan
Define "new style trunk motor" and where pray tell one might find one, thanks.

Good luck with, enjoy the new ride.
Oh, the new style trunk motor was the more reliable, metal cased version of the trunk lift motor installed on cars from 2008-2010. They are available on ebay or I'm selling the one I never got around to installing for $200 plus shipping. The motor on my car still works okay, but it can hesitate upon opening a bit, so I got mine figuring it would go out eventually but it didn't happen.

Originally Posted by MP4.2+6.0
Haha, I know, probably. I'd have gotten the A4, but the dealers only had them with black interiors and none with wood trim until getting into the highly optioned ones I didn't want to pay for. The Mercedes was cheaper than the cheapest A4, and it feels just as good of a car to me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Time to go, again