A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune2Air/Streaming Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Tune2Air/Streaming Question

I bought a Bovee WMA3000a, because it seemed like the best option for streaming music via bluetooth with the AMI. I just got around to opening it today, and it seems as though the AMI doesn't power this unit. I plugged a USB cable into the unit and it powers, but the MMI still shows the message about the device not being connected properly. The aux cable works perfectly, so I know it's not the AMI.

For the people who have had success with this, any suggestions?

I'd like the avoid buying the Dension Gateway, but I'm also sick of using an aux cable.

I'm on MMI 4610.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Bovee unit that plugs into the AMI cable rather than the one with the integrated cable.
https://www.amazon.com/Bovee-Wireless-Bluetooth-Interface-Integration/dp/B00B52LLJ6/ https://www.amazon.com/Bovee-Wireless-Bluetooth-Interface-Integration/dp/B00B52LLJ6/

Have you been able to pair your phone with the Bovee? If so, try playing a music source on the phone and then turn your car on. Watch the phone and make sure it connects automatically. When connected, you should see the headphones icon in place of the bluetooth icon on the top status strip in iOS. Sometimes it doesn't automatically connect but if you manually connect before the Bovee is done initializing you will avoid the error.

I have seen occasional error messages but they seem to only happen when my phone doesn't automatically connect to the Bovee or connects but no music app is in a launched state.

It seems to happen much less often (if at all) when I manually start playing a source (Music app, Pandora, Spotify, etc.) just before or immediately after I turn on the car.

Last edited by ModestW12; 10-01-2017 at 12:00 PM. Reason: updated link to exact listing I bought
Old 09-29-2017, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ModestW12
I have the Bovee unit that plugs into the AMI cable rather than the one with the integrated cable.
https://www.amazon.com/Bovee-1000-Bl...0BY77PKNSVDTN8

Have you been able to pair your phone with the Bovee? If so, try playing a music source on the phone and then turn your car on. Watch the phone and make sure it connects automatically. When connected, you should see the headphones icon in place of the bluetooth icon on the top status strip in iOS. Sometimes it doesn't automatically connect but if you manually connect before the Bovee is done initializing you will avoid the error.

I have seen occasional error messages but they seem to only happen when my phone doesn't automatically connect to the Bovee or connects but no music app is in a launched state.

It seems to happen much less often (if at all) when I manually start playing a source (Music app, Pandora, Spotify, etc.) just before or immediately after I turn on the car.
I haven't been able to pair it. It doesn't show up on my phone, and the indicator light doesn't turn on either as if it's not receiving power.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same problem on my 08 s8.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I also have the same problem! I've managed to get the Tune2Air to power on, by connecting it to a cable from the 12v, and i've also managed to connect the phone to the unit (WMA3000A). The car still says "not connected" or something like that, and does not recognize the Tune2Air.

Is it perhaps the wrong version of Tune2air that we have?

My car is a 2008 S8 D3. It has the 6 cd changer, and the aux cable for my phone. I believe it is the 2G version of the MMI.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by MartinBDK
I also have the same problem! I've managed to get the Tune2Air to power on, by connecting it to a cable from the 12v, and i've also managed to connect the phone to the unit (WMA3000A). The car still says "not connected" or something like that, and does not recognize the Tune2Air.

Is it perhaps the wrong version of Tune2air that we have?

My car is a 2008 S8 D3. It has the 6 cd changer, and the aux cable for my phone. I believe it is the 2G version of the MMI.
The seller I bought the WMA3000a from recommended trying the WMA1000, and is going to send me one. I'll post in here when I get it, and whether or not it works.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MainelyA8
The seller I bought the WMA3000a from recommended trying the WMA1000, and is going to send me one. I'll post in here when I get it, and whether or not it works.
That would be perfect, thankyou!
Old 10-02-2017, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MainelyA8
The WMA1000 is the one I have. So I can confirm it works well with OE AMI to iPod cable ....besides the occasional hiccup requiring a quick unplug if you don't have a music app queued up when it is initializing.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ModestW12
The WMA1000 is the one I have. So I can confirm it works well with OE AMI to iPod cable ....besides the occasional hiccup requiring a quick unplug if you don't have a music app queued up when it is initializing.
The thing is, mine don't have the iPod cable, just an AUZ cable, that can be inserted in the headphone-thing on my iPhone. So I think my AMI/MMI is an older version. There is no way of controlling the iPhone from the dashboard/steering wheel of the car.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife has 2010 a8 and VMA3000 works no problem, but on my 08 s8 does not even power. I have no clue why is that. I think I might try vma1000 on my s8.

Quick Reply: Tune2Air/Streaming Question