A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TV tuner installation / MMI change to FBAS unit

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

No its not. Our cars are only set up to utilize the AMI or the CD/MP3 player.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brozee - seems that everything is possible

http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?t=76888
Old 09-09-2013, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello

Is it possible to connect on AV Out (of tuner TV) and see the videos on the monitor on the head support for the rear passengers while driving AND while navigation active on MMI (front monitor) for the driver ?

Best regard
Old 11-12-2015, 08:02 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by titou43
Hello

Is it possible to connect on AV Out (of tuner TV) and see the videos on the monitor on the head support for the rear passengers while driving AND while navigation active on MMI (front monitor) for the driver ?

Best regard
Yes.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Im sorry but trying to jump in on this topic and ask a question... I have added a analog tv tuner to my 2005 a8 W12 and want to know how to get av2 video into headrest monitors without conflicting with av1 (from dvd changer split into av1 on tv tuner)signal. I tapped into lcd out on the multimedia video splitter from av2 but when i try to play source it is playing at the same time the dvd changer is and both are on rear hearest monitors but correct on front screen... Im stumped.. I know there is a video out to use on tv tuner but where is the video in on this splitter(r181 on ebahn/ audi tech pages) .It is not labeled. Thanks any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default HELP PLEASE

Im sorry but trying to jump in on this topic and ask a question... I have added a analog tv tuner to my 2005 a8 W12 and want to know how to get av2 video into headrest monitors without conflicting with av1 (from dvd changer split into av1 on tv tuner)signal. I tapped into lcd out on the multimedia video splitter from av2 but when i try to play source it is playing at the same time the dvd changer is and both are on rear hearest monitors but correct on front screen... Im stumped.. I know there is a video out to use on tv tuner but where is the video in on this splitter(r181 on ebahn/ audi tech pages) .It is not labeled. Thanks any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tmac2015
Check your pm, and call me.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:34 PM
Banned

Tmac2015,

It was great talking to you, and to share with everyone I am going to list what we discussed.

After speaking with you the first time today I went out and installed RCA pins 15,16,17,18, and 19 into the 20 pin connector on the OEM TV tuner for A/V #2 input, I did this to verify that I could send two separate video sources into the OEM TV tuner while using the output (pins 4,5,6,7,and 8) of said tuner to the rear seat entertainment system, and it worked !!!

So the two video sources are sent to the TV tuner and your selection of A/V-1 or A/V-2 is sent out of the TV tuner by way of RCA output, while at the same time the TV tuner is sending the same signal to the front MMI screen by way of the green FBAS FAKRA output from the TV tuner.

To make this work, I took the 3 RCA's (that go to the rear screens) from the factory Blaupunkt DVD player and connected them to the TV tuners RCA output, I then took 3 NEW RCA cables from the output of the Blaupunkt DVD unit to the TV tuner A/V-1 input RCA's, next I inserted my phone setup (see my other thread) into the TV tuners A/V-2 input RCA's.

EDIT :Turns out Tmac2015 had two different TV tuners, 4E0 919 148 Hybrid VS. 4E0 919 146 Analog, when he first tested the RCA output side of the TV tuner his seller sent him what Tmac thought was a analog unit, but it was in fact a Hybrid 148, he sent it back because of damage and the seller now sent him a Analog 146, and he has now found that the 4E0 919 146 Analog unit DOES NOT support output through pins 4,5,6,7, and 8.
But the 4E0 919 148 Hybrid does for a fact support output on pins 4 through 8 as I have personally wired my 05 A8l W12 with this unit.

ALSO Tmac2015 found that even the analog OEM TV tuner pins 4,5,6,7,and 8 work for output, it has been said for a while that "output" was only available on the HYBRID unit, now we know different.

There is one scenario that some of you may want different, even though this should be enough, and you still have all MMI function, as you can be playing Pandora, movies, Google Maps, etc. on all screens and sound system, while still be able to have MMI items on front screen, THE ONE scenario is if you want the rear passengers to have DVD on screen with headphones while you use smart-phone setup in front and sound system, THEN you would add the Niles AVS switcher listed below into the system, and adding a trigger switch for control, I will add to this part in a bit.

So, here is how I have it setup now,

PIN-configuration:

Video output from Hybrid TV tuner :

PIN 4 – Video Shield
PIN 5 – Video signal
PIN 6 – Audio Shield
PIN 7 – Audio left
PIN 8 – Audio right

A/V-1 Input to TV tuner :

PIN 09 – Shield Audio left/right
PIN 10 – Audio signal white, left
PIN 11 – Audio signal red, right
PIN 12 – Video signal gelb
PIN 13 - Video/ Shield

A/V-2 Input to TV tuner :

PIN-configuration:
PIN 15 – Shield Audio left/right 2
PIN 16 – Audio signal white, left 2
PIN 17 – Audio signal red, right 2
PIN 18 – Video signal 2
PIN 19 – Video/ Shield

niles avs | eBay

Be back soon...

Last edited by JohnnyJ A6Q; 11-21-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:09 PM
Banned

Default EDIT

Please see my edit on post # 18.

Thank you.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello

I have bought my tuner TV hybrid and put this on the car...
In the MMI this appears but in the diagnostic (with VCDS) I have some defaults

These errors are "normally" because the tuner TV is not coded so...

Have you an idea of the coding of this part number 4G0 919 129 C ?

I have included this controller into the list in the gateway....

Many thanks

Quick Reply: TV tuner installation / MMI change to FBAS unit