A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning light bulb light

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 06:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warning light bulb light

Hello all, I seem to be having a problem. My light bulb out warning light on dashboard beeps and comes on from time to time. The thing is no light on the car is out. When I shut off the car and restart it it goes off. It only has happened 2 to 3 times in the last 3 months. It's the light bulb warning light with the x thought it. Does this mean that a bulb is starting to go or is there a problem with the wiring.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Typically that means that one of your bulbs are out. I wouldn't worry about it if it goes away but if the light comes on then do a quick walk around the car to check which light its pertaining to. If it goes away it means that the light has come back on and has been lit for at least 5 seconds. Only other thing I would check is connections on some lights. The car should tell you which light is out though which is weird.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you, I will do a walk around the next time in does go on. So the wiring could be loose that's why it goes on and off.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbones68
Hello all, I seem to be having a problem. My light bulb out warning light on dashboard beeps and comes on from time to time. The thing is no light on the car is out. When I shut off the car and restart it it goes off. It only has happened 2 to 3 times in the last 3 months. It's the light bulb warning light with the x thought it. Does this mean that a bulb is starting to go or is there a problem with the wiring.
Corrosion on socket terminals/worn contacts on bulb, filament broken on a bulb but it "welds" itself together etc. Most likely a #194 front parking light.

Unlessss someone added LED's for some bulbs and they are operating at the hairy edge causing these warnings.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get the same warning, and located an led out on driver's side. Haven't changed it yet, as it doesn't really do much. But we do notice that passenger side headlight is dimmer than driver's side, at least in low beam. Is this normal, or should both sides be equal brightness?
Old 05-27-2013, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Both headlights should be of a same brightness. It seems that your passenger side bulb is close to the end of its life. It is probably a bit bluish too. Change both of them and you will see big difference.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mishar
Both headlights should be of a same brightness. It seems that your passenger side bulb is close to the end of its life. It is probably a bit bluish too. Change both of them and you will see big difference.
I thought that the bulb might be going on mine, thats why it is going on and off once and a while. What type of head light bulbs do you recommend. Should I just get it from the dealer or some where else. I just want it to last a long time and not do it again in 2 years.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Tail light condensation

I have been noticing that both of my tail lights have condensation in them. It's not to the point that it is dripping down the light to the bottom on the inside. It is like it was hit with a little mist spray bottle in the center only not the whole light.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I bought this online. Not cheap but excellent. Lot more light than the old ones. Although you can never be sure, the brand name promise they will last.

Condensation vise, it is fairly common if you park outside. Problem is that there are two layers of plastic, one colored and one transparent and the condensation is between them. That makes it very difficult to dry. Summer should help you there. Finding where it is getting in is another problem. Lamp has to go off and some improvisation with blowing air and water dipping may give some results. Just don't explode them.

Last edited by mishar; 05-27-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mishar
I bought this online. Not cheap but excellent. Lot more light than the old ones. Although you can never be sure, the brand name promise they will last.

Condensation vise, it is fairly common if you park outside. Problem is that there are two layers of plastic, one colored and one transparent and the condensation is between them. That makes it very difficult to dry. Summer should help you there. Finding where it is getting in is another problem. Lamp has to go off and some improvisation with blowing air and water dipping may give some results. Just don't explode them.
Thank you, I think I will try tho's bulbs. As for the tail lights, I think I will leave them alone and hopefully I will not have a problem with them down the road.

Quick Reply: Warning light bulb light