A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welp! I finally did it.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welp! I finally did it.

Greetings everyone,

So after over a year of searching, looking, reading, testing etc... We have finally pulled the trigger on a D3

*2009 A8 4.2
*Silver on black
*20" S8 wheels (Looks so outstanding)
*130K miles; With virtually everything in working condition (With the exception of one of the tail light bulbs not functioning properly, I took the taillight out and discovered that alot of the wiring/connectors was just dirty, gave it a good clean, put it back together and BAM! working again). Car is sound/solid/quite and responds very well when you want to put that V8 lump to work, quite fast honestly LOL. Suspension is in great shape, no noises, all modes work and respond quickly.
*No smells/smoke/pets/air fresheners.

In short, it's everything I expected and more. What a marvel of engineering these things are. Ever since I drove the first one, I knew I had to get one eventually. Loving every bit of it so far. Looking to give it a fresh oil change and sparkies next week, just so everything is in tip-top shape.

I will be posting some pictures as soon as I have time to drive it out to a nice location.

Overall, the whole family loves it. Here's to a long lovelife with this boat!

PEACE!

Last edited by TeamHate; 04-23-2018 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! I've owned mine for about 2 months and love the car more each day. Everyone around me fell in love with this car and I'm just looking for excuses to go for a drive! Enjoy!
Old 04-23-2018, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dino1147
Congrats! I've owned mine for about 2 months and love the car more each day. Everyone around me fell in love with this car and I'm just looking for excuses to go for a drive! Enjoy!
Thank you very much! I appreciate the kind words. Like you I have been looking for any excuse to get in the thing LOL.

Some people that that have seen it say something something along the lines of: “Why did you buy a car that is so goddamn big?” LOL, but I don’t care, I think it’s awesome

By the way, what year is yours? If you don’t mind me asking.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not at all. 2010 A8L, Ibis White over Amaretto/Black, and all the options I wanted plus then some!

It's a big car but that's how I like them. I think my old Charger may be a little bigger still!
Old 04-23-2018, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not at all. 2010 A8L, Ibis White over Amaretto/Black, and all the options I wanted plus then some!

It's a big car but that's how I like them. I think my old Charger may be a little bigger still!
Awesome, that thing sounds super sweet! One hell of a combination as well! What’s still funny to me, is how such a large car handles so damn well when you want it to. It almost feels like it shrinks a size or two. Quite mind-boggling.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

They are well designed cars, and the aluminum body helps! I love how this car is like a driving couch until you plant your foot down and it comes alive. It may not be a race car but for a big luxury sedan it sure gets up and moves!
Old 04-23-2018, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

They are well designed cars, and the aluminum body helps! I love how this car is like a driving couch until you plant your foot down and it comes alive. It may not be a race car but for a big luxury sedan it sure gets up and moves!
Yep, that’s exactly how I describe to people. Gets up and goes for sure without hesitation in quite a fast manner. But it’s not a sports car or a car to be racing in.

The MPG is also quite outstanding. 25-26mpg on the highway in something this large with a V8 is amazing.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

It sure is. I'm getting way better mileage out of it than I imagined. Except when it's early morning and cold, it likes to drink a lot! I should be able to do 500 miles on a tank but have only done this once or twice. I can't keep my foot out of it!
Old 04-24-2018, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Congrats, after all the research, I'm sure it's the best for your money. 130k is not much if the car is pampered.
2009 is the year with new LEDS.
Cheers,
Louis
Old 04-24-2018, 10:46 AM
The Transporter

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd like to see some photos!

Quick Reply: Welp! I finally did it.