A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When Service S*#cks ! That's why some will not buy it again !

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When Service S*#cks ! That's why some will not buy it again !

Days ago my car A8L 04 went to service, read what they did:
1) I requested service 15,000. That was Ok.
2) To Balance 4 wheels & Alignment. Alignment was done, only front wheels were balanced. Car is now vibrating like hell.
3) To Change front tires. They did not have them in Stock? 3 days to get it & 460 each one (040 19") they found 1 & I decided to add the spare. That's done ok.
3) Wiper Blade (Passenger side was not cleaning a big area of the windshield. Service changed both wiper blades & wrote> everything is working fine. Nope, same problem, & I personally told service advisor to change the arm. I had to go back for balance, air pressure and wiper blades' Arm.
4) God, for the fifth time trunk is not working. A new motor was ordered, it is in Germany.
5) They filled tires with Nitrogen but inflate at THE WRONG TIRE PRESURRE, Nice touch!
6) They did not believe that car was vibrating and need it balancing. Test drive & I was right!
7) Second time: Wheels were not balanced. Arm was ordered & tire pressure was not corrected.
8) I have a car, with bad balanced tires, Useless wiper blades, manual trunk system, & more.
As simple as that, THEY DO NOT CARE. I was thinking in buying a Q7, NO WAY JOSE!
WAY TO GO AUDI USA. There is something called: "Parts Inventory". Also, something called "GOOD SERVICE" is wished by your customers.

Customer service experienced is as important as driving experienced. My car only has 15,000 miles. Imagine that.
By the way> Car was serviced @ Champion Audi Coral Springs FL.

LeS+
Old 02-03-2006, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I understand COMPLETELY! My 04 has been "through the mill"

and as well has 15K on the clock. The service has been marginal at best and there is a good chance I will be moving away from Audi. The shame of it is that I will care more than Audi will. My first and my last!!
Old 02-03-2006, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Perfect song to play in your D3 before you hand it off...

<ul><li><a href="http://www.lyricsnet.net/lyrics.php?id=5547">I love the 80's</a></li></ul>
Old 02-03-2006, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

LOL! I keep promising her one more night but I always end up on the couch!
Old 02-03-2006, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Looking into the crystal ball

I see a Lexus in your future (and many other current Audi owner's futures), Greenie. The new LS460, LS460 AWD, LS460L, LS460L AWD, LS600h and LS600h AWD are tempting. If there is an LS600hL and LS600hL AWD, those will also be tempting. But forget BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar and Land Rover. Lately, BMW's and Mercedes' quality and reliability problems (both quantity and severity) are enough to make any Audi-old and especially new-seem like a Toyota/Lexus by comparison. Jaguar and Land Rover always have made and still do make Audi seem like Toyota/Lexus by comparison when it comes to quality and reliability. Which is saying a lot because while Audi's quality, reliability and service have improved considerably over the past few years-it is still pretty bad overall-and well below Toyota/Lexus.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Tim, the LS460L looks interesting at this point. I go through this fight between

Japanese and German about every 3 years and this year will be no exception.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I totally agree, service is a huge part of the overall ownership experience

And poor service experiences kills a relationship with a marque and dealer every time.

I guess the question to ask is: how do you like the car?

If the car has been running well and the only downside has been the service, is there another dealer around that can take care of your needs without driving more than half an hour to 45 minutes from your work or home?

I've been fortunate, my D3 has been running well and the overall service and dealer experiences have been very positive, hence my consideration for an S8 after the current lease expires.

Sorry to hear about the bum experience from Champion - surprising since they're a very high profile dealer involved in Audi motorsports programs.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yep, a good service dept. can be THE difference when it comes to car ownership.

I have heard one too many times "cannot duplicate customer complaint" and I have to believe that another dealer might have taken more time to sort things out. It seems to me that the Don Rosen organization, Audi of Huntingdon Valley, here in Philly, is held together by bailing wire! My loyalty rises above the car that I drive and settles on the shoulders of the dealership. Audi of HV has NOTHING on its shoulders from me!!!
Old 02-03-2006, 01:50 PM

Default About your question?

Yes, I really like the car.
Yes, they are another dealers nearby. Maybe, I will go to one in Miami.
About Champion: No good so far, same bad experience w/ a Cayenne.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:56 PM

Default "cannot duplicate customer complaint" is a moto for Audi

Yes, do they thing that we are stupid or what? They never believe in your complaint. Now I decided to film it &amp; take some photos. I never had to do that w/ another car company.

Even Jeep &amp; Toyota have a better service department.
Lexus has the Best so far.
I really do not know at this time what I am going to buy.

LeS+

Quick Reply: When Service S*#cks ! That's why some will not buy it again !