A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you ready for this story????? and Audi Roadside Assistance...LONG STORY....

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Are you ready for this story????? and Audi Roadside Assistance...LONG STORY....

Sunday AM, started out for an early tennis match. Started to back out of garage and noticed right rear tyre pressure warning. Got out of car...flat tire. Pulled back into garage. Took the Jeep. On the way I called wife back to call Audi Roadside ***. to come change the tire ( AFTER ALL, WE PAID FOR IT, ITS IN THE PRICE OF THE CAR...JUST FIND IT...AND THESE ARE TRAINED PROFESSIONALS ON HOW TO CHANGE AN EXPENSIVE GERMAN ROAD CAR..RIGHT..WRONG )played tennis....check cell phone..voice mail message...home phone #...call home...Marilyn says you are not going to believe what happened...I said just tell me the bad news...

We live on a hill...DO I HAVE TO GO ANY FURTHER?

The towing company guy came, backed GREYBOY down the drive way ( HE COULD HAVE CHANGED THE TIRE IN THE GARAGE AS THERE WAS PLENTY OF ROOM WITH THE JEEP GONE )to the end the drive way, BUT GUESS WHAT, STILL ON SOMEWHAT OF AN INCLINE/DECLINE IN THIS CASE....He also had parked his truck at the end of the drive way in the street...about 5 feet from where it appears he stopped Greyboy to JACK the car up....Well, it fell off the jack...This happens as Marilyn is on the phone to Audi RA, who had called ack to see if the guy showed up, as she's speaking to them she walks to the window and sees GREYBOY fall OFF THE JACK and procedds to roll down the hill and hits his DAMN truck.

She goes outside...he say "THAT JACK WAS "WARPED" AND IT CAUSED THE CAR TO FALL". Remember this is Marilyn telling me the story. Oh, he never bothers to say it rolled into his truck...which lead me to believe that he did NOT set the ELECTRO Mech Parking Brake...but he tells Marilyn he did (YA RIGHT BUDDY ). Then he proceeds to tell her how any damage will have to come out his own pocket...I'M SO SORRY MISTER "TRAINED" AUDI ROADSIDE ASSISTANT.

As soon as I got home I called Audi Rd *** and said "I want to speak to a supervisor...NOW".
Was told I would get a call this AM.

I just got the call...told the story...I told them we are going out of town for Thanksgiving...I want the rear bumper cover replaced as new, the area repaired where it RIPPED out of the JACK HOLE near the right rear passenger door as new, the WARPED JACK replaced and the tyre pressur monitoring system "fixed" because I don't think the towing guy hooked the spare tire correctly. ( I'm getting no response on the TPMS ).

I said I want it repaored/fixed by Nalley Adui of Roawell GA and completed by next Wednesday sine we are leaving town and I want a comparable Audi to drive
Old 11-15-2004, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ouch...

Play hard with AoA and the AAA provider and I would FIRMLY suggest to have an atty. document and send everything you can in writing. I'm still fighting with them over the damage that occured having my car shipped to an "approved body shop". AoA has refused to assist and takes no responcibility. Cases like these only make me feel totally helpless and ill to be associated with them.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good grief AA!! I was under the impression that the selling dealer

does the "assistance" on the car within a reasonable distance from the dealership. Did you call the dealer?
Old 11-15-2004, 09:32 AM

Obviously they sent there best out since it's still driveable.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:33 AM

Sorry to hear that Atlas, I though you got that taknen care of a while ago.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Bummer, hope all goes well, post some pics if you can
Old 11-15-2004, 10:25 AM

Default No AoA let me down big time on this one...

My advocate had turned it over to the department incharge of the service but claimed no responcibility on their part and could not offer any assistance. They suggested to claim it with my insurance company (last thing I want to do as the damage it was sent off for was a hit and run) and that they might offer to pay my deductable. The trucking company denied causing the damage yet it was not listed on the bill of ladening. So I've handed it over to my attorney and letting him do what he can.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Good grief AA!! I was under the impression that the selling dealer

I just had her call the 800 #. No it was not my local dealer and it was on a Sunday anyway.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:41 AM

Default If that had happened to me, my degree of rage would have

prevented me from being able to work a key board!! Unbelievable! My only recommendation is to document all of this including what you expect in return in writting to all parties concerned so there is a record of what happened, who did what, and what you expect in return.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Just got back from Nalley Collision Center...estimate to repair.

$2271...............

Replace and paint rear bumper over and associated trim, labor etc.

Replace and paint right side lower body cover, labor.

This part the collision shop missed on FIRST PASS ESTIMATE but Bob at Nalley Audi A8 Service Tech caught it as he was taking the tire out of the trunk to be "plugged" so that I would have a spare going forward...when the car fell on it's right side it pushed/bent the right muffler/exhaust assembly UP....you can see it as you look at it from the rear and compare the left exhaust tip is centered and the right one is higher.

Quick Reply: Are you ready for this story????? and Audi Roadside Assistance...LONG STORY....