AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d4-platform-discussion-190/)
-   -   2013 A8L 4.0 TFSI exhaust vibration repaired - parts #s listed (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d4-platform-discussion-190/2013-a8l-4-0-tfsi-exhaust-vibration-repaired-parts-s-listed-2942035/)

mikesvwservice 03-11-2019 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SamBrown (Post 25288055)
I have a 2014 S8 with the same issue here in the UK. Can anyone point me to the actual TSB .pdfs please ... or attach them here if possible? I would have purchased from the CarMD site but its only possible with a US billing address. Thanks so much.

Here you go:

SamBrown 03-11-2019 03:30 PM

Wow.... thanks for the very quick response! I was under the impression though that there is a TSB that actually indicates the issue being with the downpipes which is how everyone has managed to get them replaced by Audi despite being out of warranty? Or maybe I am misreading the responses...

mikesvwservice 03-11-2019 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by SamBrown (Post 25288101)
Wow.... thanks for the very quick response! I was under the impression though that there is a TSB that actually indicates the issue being with the downpipes which is how everyone has managed to get them replaced by Audi despite being out of warranty? Or maybe I am misreading the responses...

The issue is NOT the down-pipes, but the flex pipes AFTER the down-pipes...

The TSBs "document" the vibration issue, but it comes down to whether your local Audi dealer will or will not help you with free or reduced cost replacements. By having the TSBs, you go to the dealer and have the service manager ride or drive your car to "feel" the vibration. In my case, we went 300 feet and my service manager felt it and did a u-turn back to the dealership and told the service adviser that I indeed had the vibration issue as described in the TSBs. My service adviser contacted the area Audi service rep who then contacted AudiUSA who then authorized the no-cost to me repair even though I was out of warranty.

What helps is having those TSBs in hand when you first go to the dealer and make "them" aware you know about the vibration issue.

Some on the board got it covered for free (like me), others at a reduced price and others denied any help from AudiUSA. Just depends on your dealership and persons involved...

Good luck and keep up posted!

SamBrown 03-11-2019 11:52 PM

Thanks, I see. Is there a TSB specifically that says it is the flex pipes and that they were redesigned on later cars? The TSBs attached earlier are only concerning the software update for the engine mounts. Thanks.

mikesvwservice 03-12-2019 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by SamBrown (Post 25288246)
Thanks, I see. Is there a TSB specifically that says it is the flex pipes and that they were redesigned on later cars? The TSBs attached earlier are only concerning the software update for the engine mounts. Thanks.

Sam,

Since the pipes repair, I changed out computers - so I am having trouble locating TSB files...

On my invoice from the dealer (dated 3JAN18), they listed four TSBs to be referenced (in order) to be followed to resolve the vibration problem:

#1 TSB 2036392/4
#2 TSB 2036392/6
#3 TSB 2045720
#4 TSB 2045720/2

The last one (#4) is the one that referenced new pipes. I asked for a copy of it, but they could not give it to me for my records. The dealer will update software, then check motor mounts, then align exhaust system and finally, replace exhaust pipes in that order.

There are other threads about the vibration issue. Within one of those threads, someone linked TSBs to download, but I don't think you will find the last one (TSB 2045720), but I may be wrong.

This is all I can do for you. I found what I needed by reading ALL the A8 vibration threads and went from there...

Good luck!