A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 S8 Delivered

Old 08-15-2014, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by jakematic
Thanks derf, I had high confidence they were.
It's got to be way less expensive to put in 'fixed' LEDs and less vision processing.

The dog decided it was time to take me for a walk before I finished my post !
LOL, how was the walk? :-))
Old 08-15-2014, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2015 A8L TDI is arriving in late OCT. I got all the options besides the night vision and Balao seat package. I am not too concerned about the matrix lights. It is one of those features that I would have liked. My bigger concern is the "knight rider" turn signals. It is disappointing that it is not supported. That seems like a cool feature. I have a Ross-Tech on VAG-COM WiFi on order. Here's to hoping we can change something in the ECU to have the "knight rider" blinkers enabled.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by derfA8L
LOL, how was the walk? :-))
Quite refreshing

Originally Posted by powerplyer
My 2015 A8L TDI is arriving in late OCT.
{snip}
I have a Ross-Tech on VAG-COM WiFi on order. Here's to hoping we can change something in the ECU to have the "knight rider" blinkers enabled.
Once you get the A8L, please help us get the newer models documented.
Use Hex-Net and the current beta of VCDS classic (desktop) to document the Control Module Maps using procedure #1.

More modules are moving to UDS/ODX protocol, but having an AutoScan and all the maps greatly helps to figure out coding.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Great work all. The for the investigative work. Be good to get some more info on any D4 tweaks.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by drew138
Great work all. The for the investigative work. Be good to get some more info on any D4 tweaks.
Was very thought provoking :-). Here are some D4 change points from the 2015 A8/S8 Press Kit...

Lineup Changes for 2015 Include:
- New A8 and S8 front and rear facia design
- Completely redesigned LED headlights are now standard for the complete A8 model line
- Significant updates to the front fascia of the A8 – the hood has a more sculpted design to add strength, including a - Singleframe® grille: which is more 3-dimensional, new upper corner shape
- New front facia design for the S8 includes Singleframe® grille, bumper, air intakes, new side sills, rear diffusor and wider quad oval tailpipes
- S8 received new interior option – Audi design selection Vermont Brown with Carbon Twill Copper inlays
- A8 4.0T engine received an increasein power from 420hp to 435hp
- New optional selection of 20” wheels for all A8 models
- Four new optional inlays for the complete A8 lineup
- Optional Night vision assistant, now with animal detection in addition to pedestrian detection, is available on all A8 models
- The new Audi A8 features an optional Head-up display – for ease of viewing vehicle speed, navigation information, and Night vision warning information projected onto windscreen
- Audi active lane assist alerts the driver when the car moves across lane markings without the activation of the turnsignal and gently moves the car back into its lane
- Audi side assist alerts the driver of the presence of a vehicle when changing lanes as well as to vehicles approaching the neighboring lane
Old 08-15-2014, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jakematic
Quite refreshing

Once you get the A8L, please help us get the newer models documented.
Use Hex-Net and the current beta of VCDS classic (desktop) to document the Control Module Maps using procedure #1.

More modules are moving to UDS/ODX protocol, but having an AutoScan and all the maps greatly helps to figure out coding.
Will do thanks!
Old 08-16-2014, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by powerplyer
Will do thanks!
Thanks, it helps us all since the D4 doesn't have quite the volume of, say, an A4

Funny story - I sent LazyDog to the Ross-Tech forum to get answers on something. Uwe's response was "Paging Jake" LOL
Old 08-19-2014, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, what do you expect? You are the MAN!

I send a complete scan with debug set to 2 to try and record the labels that weren't mapped.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Serf what's planned for the 2011 when the 2015 comes in? Trade in? I'm in the market for a used 2011 A8L equipped like yours around *** time frame but can move earlier for the right car. Miles?
Old 08-20-2014, 11:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Opps meant derf.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 S8 Delivered