A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adaptive cruise control problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have this problem. A shop and VCDS says it's a camera view. Does VCDS tell me which camera is bad? Does anyone have a link for the camera? My wife drives my car and it works fine after being reset, but I drive the car and I may drive it a but fast, boom ACC and Braking Guard not available I have a 2015 S8. Thanks!
Old 10-22-2018, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhillyVance
I have this problem. A shop and VCDS says it's a camera view. Does VCDS tell me which camera is bad? Does anyone have a link for the camera? My wife drives my car and it works fine after being reset, but I drive the car and I may drive it a but fast, boom ACC and Braking Guard not available I have a 2015 S8. Thanks!
I had this problem for 3 years on my 2013 S8... It was so annoying I was going to get rid of the car. I finally insisted that the dealer's tech take the car home at night to recreate the issue. They only agreed to do this after I videotaped the issue occurring. The tech drove the car for about 30 minutes with a laptop hooked up during his drive so he could see the error that was occurring. Once you start the car... It clears the error... So this is the critical way to analyze the issue. In my case... It was the ride height sensor on the rear right wheel. It was binding and it is supposed to travel freely up and down. The thing that threw us off is that we had replaced the front ride height sensor a year earlier and they did not catch that the rear sensor was bad as well. The only thing that worked in my favor is that the error occurred more and more frequently and occured whether I had the cruise control on or off. For me... Once they changed this sensor... My car was fixed and has not given me this error again... The first time in 3 years I am driving without having to turn the car on and off after a highway run....just plain annoying. Well.. That was my solution... Hope you have similar luck.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have aftermarket rims on my car. I am sure my ride height has changed what does not make sense is that when I reset the code and my wife drives it's the yellow road dash icon lights up in a day or so and stays on until I drive the car. Let me know if this happened to you too as well.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I am not sure what that icon is that you're referring to....but I do have my car lowered with the vcds tool by about 7 mm or so and I also have 20 inch rims on my car with the 275 40 s since I'm running all seasons on the car now. I tried several ride heights when I had the issue and it did not make any difference for me. The only solution for me was replacing the two ride height sensors that were binding.
Your issue may be different than mine but this definitely solved my issue... which would shut down the air suspension / cruise control etc... Every time I drove the car on the highway.

Old 10-23-2018, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

It's the lane assist icon. Looks like a road 2 yellow solid lines with a yellow dotted line in the middle. When you ran your vcds did it say there was a camera view fault? How much was it to replace or was it under warranty?
Old 10-23-2018, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

No....I didn't have this issue.... My issue was related to the air suspension... Which would shut the lane assist off... Amongst other things. Sorry.. Your issue sounds completely different from mine.
​​​​
Old 07-31-2019, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Auto braking Failure Failed to Work

I hit another vehicle, my bad. However the auto braking should’ve worked on my 2000 1686 in this low impact collision. Audi fought like hell to assert that the collision caused the failure of the module that is under the dashboard and the insurance eventually picked up the check. However I believe that the accident would not of occurred yet had the dashboard module been working and the fact that the front end sensors did not need to be replaced supports this. So do the reports of cruise control failure by other owners. The argument between Audi and the insurance company has caused more than a month delay in the repair of my car, which is in addition to not stopping the accident. In total the car is been in the shop over eight weeks.

IF YOUR CRUISE CONTROL GOES OUT GET IT FIXED TO HAVE ACCIDENT PROTECTION. OR, BUY JAPENESE CAR!!
Old 07-31-2019, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dissapointed
I hit another vehicle, my bad. However the auto braking should’ve worked on my 2000 1686 in this low impact collision. Audi fought like hell to assert that the collision caused the failure of the module that is under the dashboard and the insurance eventually picked up the check. However I believe that the accident would not of occurred yet had the dashboard module been working and the fact that the front end sensors did not need to be replaced supports this. So do the reports of cruise control failure by other owners. The argument between Audi and the insurance company has caused more than a month delay in the repair of my car, which is in addition to not stopping the accident. In total the car is been in the shop over eight weeks.

IF YOUR CRUISE CONTROL GOES OUT GET IT FIXED TO HAVE ACCIDENT PROTECTION. OR, BUY JAPENESE CAR!!
Or do what I did and purchase another Porsche.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same warning for ACC and Audi Braking Guard unavailable on my 2014 S8. Dealer replaced and recalibrated and adapted J769 Lane Change Assistance Control Module. Was in shop for 2 days due to need to remove bumpers and recalibrate all of the cameras. $85 deductible. Extended warranty utilized again.