A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket warranties that people are actually happy with...?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Aftermarket warranties that people are actually happy with...?

I have read some threads dealing with people who purchased aftermarket warranties for the A8 - but a lot of them seemed to be rather unhappy with them.

Anyone here purchase an aftermarket warranty for the A8 and happy with it?

Or know someone who has?
Old 12-14-2016, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

many owners dont purchase exclusionary warranties. Langage in an Exclusionary Contract lists what is NOT covered rather than what is covered. It Makes things real simple (anything not in the list is covered). Otherwise you have to practically be an automotive engineer to know all the parts that can fail

I always recommend to owners to become a member of a credit Union if possible. They tend to offer exclusionary warranties for an almost unbeatable price. I purchased a real nice one in Sep when my A8 ended. My extended expires in Sept 2021 or at 75K miles. My car just hit 35K miles (I average about 8K mi per year). I paid $2768 (or something like that)

Fidelity quoted an exclusionary warranty for like $3600 and that was for only 3 years! They have a 4 year for more money.