A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with a 2013 S8 on Order

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone with a 2013 S8 on Order

I placed an order for a 2013 S8 last December and my dealer said that I got in one of their allocation slots in January and would have the car in April. They just told me today that my car will now be a 2014 since Audi is so far behind on S8 production and they can't even tell me when that will be. I'm guessing that 2014's will not even start being built until June or July and that means I will not get the car until late summer. This is ridiculous and I am fast losing interest in this car especially since the rumor is that the 8 series will have a major facelift in 2015 and I don't want to buy a car that gets changed the following year and I usually only keep a car for 2 years.

Is anyone else getting this same run around? Has anyone special ordered an S8 this year and actually gotten it? It really makes no sense since the S8 is really no different than an A8 with a few interior upgrades, some special badging, and a different engine tune.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I placed my order on January 26th. According to Audi Access reports at my dealer, the car is scheduled to ship the end of May. It does not (as of yesterday) have a build date, which I find strange. I had a commission number within 10 days of the order and after educating my dealer, I am enrolled in the owner in waiting program. I have received the first email from them that my order was received and in process.

M
Old 04-18-2013, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered my S8 in February and the last update I received was a week ago and was told the car shows a load date at the port in Germany on 4/16 and delivery to the port of Houston on 5/3. This thread reminded me to ask if it left the port on 4/16. I hope it stays on schedule.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Schack
I ordered my S8 in February and the last update I received was a week ago and was told the car shows a load date at the port in Germany on 4/16 and delivery to the port of Houston on 5/3. This thread reminded me to ask if it left the port on 4/16. I hope it stays on schedule.
Just placed an order Friday 4/12. Received an email from my dealer today stating they are awaiting final approval from Audi on the build. I will ask about the backlog.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I placed my order at the end of February and got email from Audi the first week of March that the order was received. The dealer told me in early April that the order was released to the factory. Now I'm told that it is scheduled to be completed mid May.

Audi has admitted to delays with the S8 but so far, in my case, things are still within the window that I was given originally.

More likely there may be an issue with a specific option or trim package.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HouTexAudi
I placed an order for a 2013 S8 last December and my dealer said that I got in one of their allocation slots in January and would have the car in April. They just told me today that my car will now be a 2014 since Audi is so far behind on S8 production and they can't even tell me when that will be. I'm guessing that 2014's will not even start being built until June or July and that means I will not get the car until late summer. This is ridiculous and I am fast losing interest in this car especially since the rumor is that the 8 series will have a major facelift in 2015 and I don't want to buy a car that gets changed the following year and I usually only keep a car for 2 years.

Is anyone else getting this same run around? Has anyone special ordered an S8 this year and actually gotten it? It really makes no sense since the S8 is really no different than an A8 with a few interior upgrades, some special badging, and a different engine tune.
What's your commission number or build like? I can take a quick look and see what is going on with it!
Old 04-19-2013, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RBrad
What's your commission number or build like? I can take a quick look and see what is going on with it!
Sending you a PM. Thanks.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by WausauS8
I placed my order on January 26th. According to Audi Access reports at my dealer, the car is scheduled to ship the end of May. It does not (as of yesterday) have a build date, which I find strange. I had a commission number within 10 days of the order and after educating my dealer, I am enrolled in the owner in waiting program. I have received the first email from them that my order was received and in process.

M
My order date was actually February 26th. Oops.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bnzvett
Just placed an order Friday 4/12. Received an email from my dealer today stating they are awaiting final approval from Audi on the build. I will ask about the backlog.
I was told today that 2013 S8 will have to be a 2014 and they have no idea when it would be delivered. Also they don't have a price yet.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default My car is on the boat

I just got an email from my dealer that my car is on the boat scheduled for Houston on 5/20. I think it is on the Paradise Ace.

Quick Reply: Anyone with a 2013 S8 on Order