A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Running APR tune on their 3.0?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good video on the install.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dls911
I never had an issue with heat...but I only drove the car on the street for a year before going to my S8...but I am hard on cars. Also...I am from Pgh...which it gets hot in the summer...but not super hot. I don't believe my dealer had to pull the bumper since there is much space in the engine bay on the 6's...but I could be wrong. 3k for everything with the intercooler is a better deal than I got without the intercooler...which if I had the option...would definitely have opted for at that price...since it is the better way to go. Still...my car ran great with the chip and pulley...and never had an issue/performance was great. Only went to the S8 for options and final appearance. Good luck.
I’m on pittsburgh too, what dealer did you use?
Old 10-30-2017, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusLSguy
I wonder if bumper removal is necessary on the A8? I know there is quite a lot of room on my 4.0t.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Twglasgow
I’m on pittsburgh too, what dealer did you use?
Sewickley Porsche took it out to George Riggins...to do the work. I have to look up the name of his actual shop though. Everything was handled through my dealer though and went seamlessly. Now I use Cochran for my Audi and Autopalace for my Porsche...just better located for me.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Just bit the bullet and had it done on my 3.0t.

I don't have any concrete numbers to share with you, but I can tell you that the car feels much lighter. There were times, previously, that the car felt a bit heavy (like coming out of a turn), but that all disappeared with this tune. APR claims 100+ HP gains, and I believe them.

$1300 seems a bit steep, but if you consider what it would take for any other "ordinary" cars to gain that much HP, it's actually a bargain. APR offers 30 day money back guarantee too, so if you don't like the tune (I can't see why you woudln't)., you can get your $$ back.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stanigu

I don't have any concrete numbers to share with you, but I can tell you that the car feels much lighter. There were times, previously, that the car felt a bit heavy (like coming out of a turn), but that all disappeared with this tune. APR claims 100+ HP gains, and I believe them.

$1300 seems a bit steep, but if you consider what it would take for any other "ordinary" cars to gain that much HP, it's actually a bargain. APR offers 30 day money back guarantee too, so if you don't like the tune (I can't see why you woudln't)., you can get your $$ back.

Very nice! I'm jealous as I have been drooling over the kits since purchase but I want to get the most out of my CPO as I can before it expires. What kit did you do and can you talk more about how it changes the driving dynamics?
Old 11-16-2017, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by stanigu

I procrastinated about it and missed their sale , I will definitely get it next time they offer a sale , it was $299 off in October I hope i don't have to wait till next October Agree bang for buck is worth it. Was curious if anything could be achieved thru VAGCOM since there is no hardware involved I assume it's only Timing, fuel, and supercharger tweaks.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I only did the ECU flash. From what they (both APR and the shop) were telling me, majority of the oomph comes from the APR flash, and doing other mods will bring incremental increase in power, but not nearly as much as the ECU upgrade.

Driving dynamics...that's a bit harder to quantify, other than my mileage dropped to about 16mpg, no doubt because I'm hammering the gas a lot more The tranny seems to shift more smoothly under light load (whereas before it seemed to hunt for gears) probably due to increased torque. The car feels much more lively overall, and when you step on it, the g force is significantly greater.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yeah, I saw that sale and missed it!

One thing to note for those looking to do this: if the shop quotes an installation fee, shop around. First shop I called wanted $160.00 install fee. The shop I ended up with does not charge any fees (I would assume APR comps them).
Old 04-10-2020, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by NotoriousGLU
@dls911 I didn't do anything yet. Guys I work with from GRDTuned said I will need Stage 1 and then double pulley with a Stage 2 and car comes alive. I was just worrying about the cooling I was assuming that the supercharger will run pretty hot... Therefore I want better intercooler and cold air intake.....
What Cold Air Intake and Intercooler did you go with?

Quick Reply: Anyone Running APR tune on their 3.0?