A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi 2014 A8 - Top 5 Annoyances

Old 12-31-2014, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

perhaps #1 was designed this way since Europeans spend a lot of time in bumper to bumper traffic?
Old 12-31-2014, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by jakematic
Same with Audi... until you open the vehicle door.
Same with Porsche and Lexus. Own both as well as our A8L. Took some time to get used to Audi technology but now quite pleased. Vive le differance!
Old 12-31-2014, 06:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok that was the best laugh I've had in years.
As an engineer in technical sales I can tell you that almost never happens...
I KNEW it! A engineer in a German company with the same design arrogance of the German engineers that refused to offer cup holders because THEY did not think it was proper to have in a car.

This is exactly why Audi is behind in some key features that are standard on other luxury cars. The features will eventually come, just like cup holders. I've employed hundreds of engineers and responses like yours are seen occasionally. They usually have skills a little below average and don't often excel in the business world.

Buy hey, Happy New Year and may the laughs be with you.

Old Man Mike
Old 01-01-2015, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OldManMike
They are

Best of luck, and I hope you find a Lexus that better fills your needs.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by OldManMike
I KNEW it! A engineer in a German company with the same design arrogance of the German engineers that refused to offer cup holders because THEY did not think it was proper to have in a car.

This is exactly why Audi is behind in some key features that are standard on other luxury cars. The features will eventually come, just like cup holders. I've employed hundreds of engineers and responses like yours are seen occasionally. They usually have skills a little below average and don't often excel in the business world.

Old Man Mike
Hmmm? I believe the first luxury car with LED headlights standard was Audi. Same with Google Earth GPS, built-in wifi, all aluminum bodies, space age aluminum frames, Quattro, matrix headlights, et al but not bad for a stick in the mud German company and certainly more innovative than cup holders! Of course I was just a low level CEO.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the B&O bass and treble adjustments vs. not having a graphic eq...

The B&O systems have always been created with a purist mentality. If the sound needs to be modified or adjusted, they did not properly design the product.

Some additional user controls would be awesome, however. At a minimum, I'd appreciate a subwoofer volume control.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OK, I have a new #1 annoyance. How come I am limited to only 10 Favorites in the navigation system. That is the most insane thing I've ever seen. How many people have only 10 favorites places they want to navigate too. This is ridiculous. Who at Audi crowned themselves God and decided I could only have 10 favorite destinations?
Old 01-03-2015, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RED HORSE
How many people have only 10 favorites places they want to navigate too. This is ridiculous. Who at Audi crowned themselves God and decided I could only have 10 favorite destinations?
I have 3 stored that are rarely used since I know the addresses.
Normally I enter a destination by voice, or navigate to a contact in my phone.
The My Destinations section in myAudi lets you manage more of them as I recall.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The home link is disabled when the car is off so if someone wants to break into your house by breaking in to you car they will not be able to.

D'ooh. Get a clue
Old 01-03-2015, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What would be REALLY cool is if pushing button to open garage door (home link) also automatically activated parking assist at same time...

Edit: And give option to auto-retract mirrors.

It's interesting that putting car in reverse does activate p/a... and if you then shift back into drive the the p/a still stays active. So it's similar in concept.

Audi, are you listening ?

Last edited by A7_TDI; 01-03-2015 at 08:23 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi 2014 A8 - Top 5 Annoyances