A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A8L RSE - Rear maps not updating! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up [Solved] Audi A8L RSE - Rear maps not updating! HELP!

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone here can help me solve this mistery as at AUDI they told me to replace all the rear unit (3500 euros lol) as they dont sell the HDD separetly (lol), althought i changed the HDD.. they said to fix this issue i need a new unit (although this one works except maps).

Anyway, i have an Audi A8L 2011 250HP ... with 3GP... when i bought it i had the factory version of the navigation (meaning the 2011) ... i have updated the firmware to K0942... with the 6.26.1 but i had some problems with the HDD in the rear unit... was making some weird noises... like a computer HDD that is almost dying.. and as a result the map update did not fully installed on the rear unit ...every time it was receiving error code 140 (on LIT3GP) so i contacted Keldo and he sent me another HDD already configured to work on the rear unit... reinstalled it, no more noise... at it was working (the HDD).

I tried reinstalling the maps from scratch and again same problem... error code 140 / 150 on the rear unit.

I tried changing the sd card, i tried just on the rear unit to install... (a friend told the key combination to enter in the rear unit engineering menu)... still no luck, tried with 2 sd cards same time to update simulatinous front and rear unit (front goes 100% rear stops with error 140 / 150)

Now i see the new map is out 6.28.2... 8R0060884GA, this is the one compatible for me.... i will try it also, but i am sure it will not work.

Can someone tell me how to fix this or how does it works with the rear unit? Is there a way to delete the partition just on the rear unit as when i enter in the green menu in the front unit i don't see option to delete the rear partition too, just the front one. Is there a green menu for the rear unit also?

I confirm that on the front unit everything works properly, its just the rear unit's map that dont work ... in VCDS i see an error for the rear unit saying that "No map database present" and if i try to access the navigation from the rear unit its saying "Database not compatible".

I will post some pictures also... maybe someone can help me. I posted last year also in other forums, nobody knows how it works with the RSE unit.....

Thank you in advance.

this is the mmi in the front unit

this is mmi in the rear unit

rear unit

rear unit

rear unit

rear unit

rear unit

front unit

rear unit

rear unit

rear unit

rear unit

rear unit

rear unit

rear unit

rear unit

Last edited by Dangerell; 03-09-2020 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-06-2019, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

This is weird...

Just a reminder, you need to be careful when upgrading your system with Bose or B&O.
You really want to perform a custom update and not an auto update. Otherwise a visit to the dealer might be needed to recalibrate the sound system...

I also have the RSE and have upgraded already 3 times the front and back mmi.
I got errors when upgrading but restart from scratch again and again, removing the database, removing the partition, restarting the mmi every time.
Eventually the system got upgraded.

There is no way afaik to remove the rear partition from the rse.
All is controlled via the front one. Rear mmi is slave from the front.

Are you sure your rear sd card is not having any issue?
Did u use slot 1 or 2?
Try to use the other slot maybe...

anyway keep us posted.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Btw I m not sure you can upgrade directly to the latest version without some intermediate version...
i think I read something about that...
Old 03-07-2019, 12:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi,

I stood late last night and i managed to find a way to fix it.

The problem was that i had also to enter in the rear unit's green menu to delete the database + partition as this was the thing causing he problem... new maps interfered with old maps that were on the rear unit's hdd. ( i did not even knew there is one also for the rear unit ) and there is also an engineering menu in the rear unit i just don't remember the buttons combination and also reset combination.

I tested all the button combinations until i found the one for the green menu, its not written anywhere on the internet about this.. neither Audi did not told me this as they asked direct replacement (lol, ripp off).

So the steps i id:
1. Enter in green menu (CAR+MENU) in FRONT unit delete database + nav partition + restart. (BIG K.N.O.B + UPPER RIGHT + TONE)
2. Enter in green menu (MENU+RADIO) in REAR unit delete database + nav partition + restart (BIG K.N.O.B + UPPER RIGHT + MENU IN THE RIGHT SIDE)
3. Placed 2 SD cards with the latest firmware (on in front unit and one in rear unit) go to the engineering menu (CAR + BACK) to update (via user defined) the parts that got deleted from the first 2 steps (if you skip this google earth be showed greyed out, but you can do this also after update).
4. When it finished (after few minutes), i placed 2 SD cards with the latest map version again (one in front unit and one in rear unit) and started the map update process.

If you don't see the green menu you have to activate it via instructions, its the same procedure for the rear unit ... as for the front unit ... and same channels.

It took like 1h30min and everything went perfect, without any errors.

At the end i activated the maps in front unit and also in the rear unit with keldo's activator (w/o activation the maps on rear unit will not work... it was saying something about not available). Success!

Today i will clear the errors as last night was late and did not had time, tested today and everything works w/o even clearing all errors from vcds... maps front and rear + audi connect + google earth + accurate gps position in both units.

Regarding the B&O, i updated since first time by default w/o the modified software and i don't had any problems, i don't know if its de-calibrated or not as the sound its crystal clear (after first update of firmware i think i got even louder).

Thanks, hope this will help others... in the same situation.

FRONT UNIT AFTER UPDATE

REAR UNIT AFTER UPDATE

Last edited by Dangerell; 06-11-2021 at 02:28 AM. Reason: corrects some shot keys
The following 3 users liked this post by Dangerell:
mladen_"2 (09-03-2019), MOHAMMED ALSHEHHI (05-20-2020), Sergiy Batyuk (03-05-2020)
Old 03-07-2019, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Great !!
Well done and thanks for the feedback.

Old 01-02-2020, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@dangerell

I would like to thank you for your information. updating now. A quick note. you do not need 2 cards to be in both units. You take the firmware card...put it front..it tells you to put it at rear at some point. then it updates the rear and tells you to put the card in front. Same goes with maps. you just need 1 card for firmware and 1 for maps. it goes back and forth.
Old 01-06-2020, 02:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi, great. Yes i know it works also with a single card but it takes more time, as with 2 cards the system updates same time both units.

Regards,

Originally Posted by gasketse
@dangerell

I would like to thank you for your information. updating now. A quick note. you do not need 2 cards to be in both units. You take the firmware card...put it front..it tells you to put it at rear at some point. then it updates the rear and tells you to put the card in front. Same goes with maps. you just need 1 card for firmware and 1 for maps. it goes back and forth.
The following users liked this post:
Sergiy Batyuk (03-05-2020)
Old 02-10-2020, 10:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dangerell
Hi, great. Yes i know it works also with a single card but it takes more time, as with 2 cards the system updates same time both units.

Regards,
Hi,

Could you please help me with the following questions?
1. What is the key combination for RED MENU where I can start the update?
FRONT + REAR
2. Did you start the SW and MAP update at the same time at the FRONT and at the REAR MMI?
3 Why do you need to use USER DEFINED update instead of automatic?

4. Green menu activation for REAR, did you do it with script or in VCDS 7F channel?

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Old 03-05-2020, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hori
Hi,

Could you please help me with the following questions?
1. What is the key combination for RED MENU where I can start the update?
FRONT + REAR
2. Did you start the SW and MAP update at the same time at the FRONT and at the REAR MMI?
3 Why do you need to use USER DEFINED update instead of automatic?

4. Green menu activation for REAR, did you do it with script or in VCDS 7F channel?

Thank you so much for your feedback!
1. Redmenu front BACK + TONE, rear BACK + MENU.
2. If you start in front then you get message in rear, and you must update rear first, then you get message install card in front.
3. I don't know.
4. 5f - adaptation - channel 06 - read - new value 1 - test - save-close, then same with 7f.

When updating mmi in A8L 4D it consums about 8-15 Amps with switched off ignition, and about 20 Amps with switched on ignition!!! So you must connect to hi-current charger or special current supply or run engine all time!!!!

Thx to Dangerell!!!!

Sorry for my English, I'm from Ukraine.
The following users liked this post:
hori (03-05-2020)
Old 03-05-2020, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you!

Quick Reply: Audi A8L RSE - Rear maps not updating! HELP!