A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fully loaded S8?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fully loaded S8?

Hei!

I am new to this forum but I have read this forum for a couple of days and I have some questions if it is okay.

I often see words "Fully loaded" but not many special options on these so-called "fully loaded" cars.

I'm originally from Europe, I wonder what it means? Especially since fully loaded S8's are usually priced at $125 000-135 000 (€92 000-100 000) in the US?

In Germany the base price for a brand new S8 is €115 000 which is $155 000.

This is the S8 (fully loaded?) I would like to have at some point:

All the standard equipment +

Daytona Grey, pearl effect color - $0
De-badged - $0
Audi Matrix LED headlights - $1076
Audi Design selection leather (Black-Vermont Brown)- $10 491
Carbon-Fiber - Piano black inlays (part of Design selection package) - $0
Audi Exclusive real parcel shelf in black Alcantara - $1385
Audi Exclusive headlining in Alcantara - $5784
Audi Exclusive personalized sill plates - $3160
Audi Exclusive carpets & floor mats - $2542
Audi exclusive coolbox - $1480
Controls in Audi exclusive leather - $1063
Front sport seats - $0
Multifunction Sport steering wheel (heated&shift paddles) - $323
Double glass(heated windscreen&tinted back) - $1802
Solar sunroof - $2421
Luggage compartment package $148
Non-smoking package - $0
Assistance package including Audi pre sense plus - $3403
Auxiliary heating/ventilation system with remote control - $2065
Head-up display - $1870
Camera-based speed limit display - $202
Parking Assistant with ambient display - $538
Reversing camera - $659
Power trunk (opening&closing) - $794
Soft-close doors - $861
Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System - $7196
Digital radio and TV reception - $2327
Rear Seat Entertainment - $4909
Audi wireless internet access basic kit - $452
Extended Warranty 3 years, max. 62,500mi - $4170
Coat hanger - $40
Roof rack system - $444
Electric tow hitch - $1681
Ionizer - $175
Homelink - $323
230-volt outlet - $202
Ceramic brakes - $11 433
Audi exclusive 21" 5-arm rotor design, (titanium look) - $3094

I converted all these prices from € to $. I probably forgot some options but altogether This car would be €174 540 ($234 756) in Germany.

Now the main question: Do you have all these options available in the US market and how much would a car like this cost in there? (with all the taxes and so on....basically car delivered to your home)

Sincerely,
Mario
Old 01-20-2014, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default look at the web site

There's a model configuration tool on www.audiusa.com that will give you current years pricing on all off the options - well worth checking that out.

I'm not that familiar with the German Market, but by comparison to the UK, US models tend to have a somewhat higher base spec, and a smaller range of engines, with the engine choice biased towards higher displacement non diesel versions.

There are always a couple of minor variations in available spec, usually related to regulatory differences around the world, but I think you'll find that most of the available features / packages are very similar.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Seaclav
There's a model configuration tool on www.audiusa.com that will give you current years pricing on all off the options - well worth checking that out.

I'm not that familiar with the German Market, but by comparison to the UK, US models tend to have a somewhat higher base spec, and a smaller range of engines, with the engine choice biased towards higher displacement non diesel versions.

There are always a couple of minor variations in available spec, usually related to regulatory differences around the world, but I think you'll find that most of the available features / packages are very similar.
If I look at the audiusa conguration tool then there are very few options/packages. Is that all you can choose from?
Old 01-20-2014, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mariok
If I look at the audiusa conguration tool then there are very few options/packages. Is that all you can choose from?

There may be a few more minor items available as "dealer installed options", but I believe the main stuff is all listed on the Audi site. As I mentioned, the base spec in US models (not just Audi, this is across the board) is quite a bit higher than what was available in the British Isles, so that will account for some of the options available in GER.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Seaclav
There may be a few more minor items available as "dealer installed options", but I believe the main stuff is all listed on the Audi site. As I mentioned, the base spec in US models (not just Audi, this is across the board) is quite a bit higher than what was available in the British Isles, so that will account for some of the options available in GER.
That is correct. There will be more included in the base, but fewer available configurations in the US. If you are willing to pay the freight, you can get almost anything you want from Audi Exclusive.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Keep in mind most of that stuff is already included in the car as standard equipment. The US gets far fewer options but that's because the cars are mostly loaded with what would be options elsewhere. Ceramic Brakes, trailer hitch, the auxiliary heater (meant for super cold climates), Television receiver are among the small pile of options you don't really see stateside. Can you get audi exclusive to include them? Thats another question all together.

Also note that the television receiver is likely setup for PAL not NTSC.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I went below and marked up which options are included already stateside or ones you can get easily.

Originally Posted by mariok
Hei!

I am new to this forum but I have read this forum for a couple of days and I have some questions if it is okay.

I often see words "Fully loaded" but not many special options on these so-called "fully loaded" cars.

I'm originally from Europe, I wonder what it means? Especially since fully loaded S8's are usually priced at $125 000-135 000 (€92 000-100 000) in the US?

In Germany the base price for a brand new S8 is €115 000 which is $155 000.

This is the S8 (fully loaded?) I would like to have at some point:

All the standard equipment +

Daytona Grey, pearl effect color - $0 (standard)
De-badged - $0 (dealer could do this, or you could with a heat gun and dental floss))
Audi Matrix LED headlights - $1076 (Not legal in the US so standard LED's are about it)
Audi Design selection leather (Black-Vermont Brown)- $10 491 (Audi Exclusive can handle this, extended leather in the standard colors is $5500 this will wrap damn near everything in leather, even the normally plastic seat apron)

Carbon-Fiber - Piano black inlays (part of Design selection package) - $0 (Audi Exclusive again can handle this)

Audi Exclusive real parcel shelf in black Alcantara - $1385 (Alcantara roof and parcel shelf are standard in the US spec S8)

Audi Exclusive headlining in Alcantara - $5784 (see above, $0 option to go black)

Audi Exclusive personalized sill plates - $3160 (Audi Exclusive)

Audi Exclusive carpets & floor mats - $2542 (Audi Exclusive)

Audi exclusive coolbox - $1480(Audi Exclusive, normally only on Long wheel base cars, note the S8 cannot be had in the US as a long wheel base car)

Controls in Audi exclusive leather - $1063 (Audi Exclusive)

Front sport seats - $0 (Standard)

Multifunction Sport steering wheel (heated&shift paddles) - $323 (Standard)

Double glass(heated windscreen&tinted back) - $1802 (Standard)

Solar sunroof - $2421 (Optional in the US for $800)

Luggage compartment package $148 (not sure what this entails)
Non-smoking package - $0 (standard)
Assistance package including Audi pre sense plus - $3403 (Part of the S8 Driver Assistance package, note if you check the box for the Lane Change assist you will lose your sport steering wheel. For some reason the vibrating steering wheel comes the US in only one variety and thats not the sport steering wheel)
Auxiliary heating/ventilation system with remote control - $2065 (Maybe Audi Exclusive can do this)
Head-up display - $1870 (Not sure about this one again chat with audi exclusive, I know its an option on the S6 not sure why the S8 doesn't have it)
Camera-based speed limit display - $202 (I think this is part of the driver assist package)
Parking Assistant with ambient display - $538 (standard)
Reversing camera - $659 (standard)
Power trunk (opening&closing) - $794 (standard)
Soft-close doors - $861 (standard)
Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System - $7196 (optional for $6300)
Digital radio and TV reception - $2327 (I doubt even audi exclusive will let you get this, probably some part of it runs a foul with the DOT also you have that PAL/NTSC issue)
Rear Seat Entertainment - $4909 (optional for like $3000)
Audi wireless internet access basic kit - $452 (standard)
Extended Warranty 3 years, max. 62,500mi - $4170 (4 year 50k is standard, I am sure you can extend from there)
Coat hanger - $40 (standard I think)
Roof rack system - $444 (dealer extra)
Electric tow hitch - $1681 (talk to audi exclusive)
Ionizer - $175 (not sure if this is standard or not talk to audi exclusive)
Homelink - $323 (standard)
230-volt outlet - $202 (Normally this part of the 4 seater configuration if you get that you should be able to get the 120 volt setup) 230 is Euro only.

Ceramic brakes - $11 433 (I have heard even audi exlcusive can't get these in the US, who knows 2014 could be different)
Audi exclusive 21" 5-arm rotor design, (titanium look) - $3094 ($250 option in the US, keep in mind 21's are standard here)

I converted all these prices from € to $. I probably forgot some options but altogether This car would be €174 540 ($234 756) in Germany.

Now the main question: Do you have all these options available in the US market and how much would a car like this cost in there? (with all the taxes and so on....basically car delivered to your home)

Sincerely,
Mario
Old 01-21-2014, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

So the cars are really cheap over there. That was the main thing that I noted when I was in the US for 3 months in 2012 summer - All the old cheap cars were expensive compared to europe and all the high-end cars were really cheap. I noted that when I compared MB S65 prices Germany vs US which at that time were around $314 000 in the germany and $190 000 (if I remember correctly) in the US(base prices for new cars).
Becuse of that many car seller in Europe import cars from the US.

And the other thing that made me grin all the time was the low fuel price. You can drive cars with the fuel conspumtion of 8mpg average and it doesn't make you sad . Currently Premium Plus (93 AKI octane) in Germany costs $5.98 per gallon.

In conclusion, price differences are huge :/
Old 01-21-2014, 09:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

One thing your forgetting . The Vat is 18% or is it 20% in Germany, which is included in German prices.
In the USA you have to add sales tax to the net price. 6 % to 8%. Except those blue states like Calif. , NY, which have 8 to 13% sales tax. But Oregon has 0% sales tax.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Talking Currently Premium Plus (93 AKI octane) in Germany costs $5.98 per gallon.

That doesn't seem right...I think it is more like $10/gallon

Quick Reply: Fully loaded S8?