A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi connect - worth the $$??

Old 09-11-2016, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confused about Audi Connect

I just bought a new Audi Q3; never had one before. My iphone works much better than the navigation system, and I do not understand why I would even need Audi Connect. Will I still be able to get my phone calls, music, and navigation with my smart phone? Why ever would I need this Audi Connect? Please give pre and cons. Thanks a lot.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

For example, I set the Nav system to an address, and used my iPhone at the same time. The iPhone was much faster, re-routed much better, had better voice recognition.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you have a new q3 why wouldnt you use the apple car play feature?
Old 09-12-2016, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi Connect/Apple Car Play?

What is Apple Car Play?
Old 09-12-2016, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just checked; my model does not have apple car play. It sounds great. I wish I had it.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Audi connect? Nah.

Apple Car play? Sure, why not. It still needs some growing to be a true "cloning" software.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

I suppose if you have a bunch of extra money to throw away and you want another toy to play with than go for it.
You're better off keeping your money and just pull off the road and use your smartphone to do the same thing for free.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts

Trouble around here--and I suspect most everywhere--is it seems like no one "pulls off the road" to do much of anything anymore. Everywhere I look, every stop light, every two seconds of free time, people are texting their brains out, web surfing, stuffing their faces with junk, you name it. And a certain percentage of them said brutally will plaster somebody's brain matter right into the windshield. Even now with a car full of people the driver can be there doing the usual "crotch exam" stuff--again not that anyone doesn't know what that is any more. Pretty scary and dangerous, especially when you see the iteration of people driving at speed with the phone waving in their hand, maybe accompanied by the car not staying well in lane. A integrated tool in the vehicle isn't a godsend either, but at least can be less distracting, more easily used controls, less gotta answer it right now texting temptation and the like.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 09-19-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by MP4.2+6.0
Trouble around here--and I suspect most everywhere--is it seems like no one "pulls off the road" to do much of anything anymore. Everywhere I look, every stop light, every two seconds of free time, people are texting their brains out, web surfing, stuffing their faces with junk, you name it. And a certain percentage of them said brutally will plaster somebody's brain matter right into the windshield. Even now with a car full of people the driver can be there doing the usual "crotch exam" stuff--again not that anyone doesn't know what that is any more. Pretty scary and dangerous, especially when you see the iteration of people driving at speed with the phone waving in their hand, maybe accompanied by the car not staying well in lane. A integrated tool in the vehicle isn't a godsend either, but at least can be less distracting, more easily used controls, less gotta answer it right now texting temptation and the like.
The number of people on the road driving second to screwing around on their phones scares the bejesus out of me. People I've confronted often either say that it's bad for others but they're good at it(which isn't true, they just don't see the mistakes they make because they're staring at their phone when they make them,) or they get offended like it's their right to put everyone else at risk, even though it's illegal in every state(as it should be.)
Old 10-03-2017, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Not worth, if you may be changing vehicles

I think it's well worth the cost because I travel cross country quite a bit. A caution, however, if you have any plans to change cars - DO NOT renew your subscription except on a month-to-month basis. I renewed my subscription for a year, although I had been looking at new cars. Once I made the change, I learned that the amount paid only the month before was non-refundable and just a remote possibility to transfer the balance to a new Audi. This was with the T-Mobile service.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi connect - worth the $$??