A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Jibsymalone
Also tint has come a long way in the past few years, especially ceramic tints/films. They can help a lot with heat load inside the car, and not all bubble.... being in Florida you are glad of window tint at times I assure you. I get that it's a personal taste thing too, but are you going to let $900 worth or tint keep you from the car you want?
I can always get the car I want, there's always the next one. I just want everything original, the car will be garaged and it's not very hot here in the Bay Area. 100F only a few days out of the year and I'm not really worry about it. besides, curtains rear and side windows are efficient already. It's quite hard to see in the back with low light and I don't really want to depend 100% on the back up camera and although the external cameras are nice.
If it's not meant to be, then I'll wait. If they can remove the tint as easy as they say without breaking anything, I'll pay more to let them do it, but not driving off the lot until I verified that nothing is broken. $50k+ is not chump change.
Cheers,
Louis

Last edited by ltooz_a6_a8_q7; 03-25-2019 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Louis,

Our '13 D4 had 21K miles on it last summer when we bought it . One owner - older lady in FL who had to give up driving. It was rigorously serviced by the book at the selling Audi dealer (including a 5 yr/35 K mile service at 21K miles, with no history of any issues. We limited ourselves to one quite rare specific color and interior combination, and were delighted to find this car in that color and like new condition.

The car now has 30K, and we've not had any issues. We get about 20% better fuel mileage in normal semi-rural and medium sized town driving. We now get ~21 mpg vs about 17 with the '07 D3 (both are SWB). Both provide about 30 mpg on long distance interstate highway trips at 70-80 mph This is my wife's car for daily driving errands, meetings, medical appts, etc. I drive it for any trips more than about 15-xx miles. She's had 5 back surgeries and has constant back pain. The seats in the A8's are the absolute best she's ever ridden/driven in. She also has fairly poor depth perception, and loves the front camera and top view for parking etc.

Hope you find the right one.

Gary
Old 05-01-2019, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Warranty overlap on TDI,s

I am looking for a little advise. I am doing a deal in the next week on an 2014 A8 TDI. It has 40000 km.(25000 miles)I want to get some warranty but at the same time I don’t want to get anything that overlaps the extended emissions warranty of 10 years or 190000 kilometers that is already in place.

The emissions warranty is very extensive. It includes all sensors, turbos and associated parts and pieces, the total fuel system.

Warranty is much like insurance. It is nice to have when you need it. The warranty at Audi is expensive but I think it is the best way to go.

I have more research to do but I was wondering if anyone out there has any info or has any thoughts on the best way to go.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

I can only share my experience and subsequent thought process. I too bought a TDI, partially because of the fantastic warranty that accompanies them, plus my love of diesels!

I don't mind, and actually quite enjoy wrenching in my own vehicle at times, and am not scared to learn something new. As such, and after pricing out extended warranties for my car, I decided to roll the dice and keep the money aside that I would have spent on a warranty to cover some future repairs that may come up.

Of course this may all come back and bite me in the behind, but after looking at the repair manual resources, the knowledge base and willingness to help of people here, and the fact that many parts can be had in a cheaper Volkswagen variant helped me feel more comfortable with my decision. Worst case I have an excellent VAG independent shop nearby, so only plan on going to the dealership for warranty only issues.

Only you have a feel for your hands-on ability, your tolerance for the vehicle to be down for a potentially longer timeframe while you work or trouble shoot it, availability of resources, and what you ultimately feel comfortable exposing yourself to financially.

Good luck with your decision, and congratulations on purchasing a fantastic variant of an even more fantastic car. The next thing you will start to price out will be dentists as you will be worried how your teeth look considering all the smiling you will be doing driving this machine!
Old 05-01-2019, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I am looking forward to it. I have wanted one of these cars for a while. Thanks .
Old 05-15-2019, 10:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Smiley50
I got $0 deductible 10 yr/100,000 miles Platinum Warranty for about $5500. Talked to USA Audi with vin about car first.
would you mind sharing where you got the extended warranty from. My 2015 A8 expires in couple of months. -- Thanks in advance.