A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi Manhattan & "ACC and Audi Braking Guard: Unavailable"

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBoy11
I would give AudiUSA in Atlanta a call and report this dealership. This is totally unacceptable behavior
Agreed

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
I'm not shocked by this at all. New York is populated by some of the most dishonest, rude and disrespectful people that could possibly be imagined. It is best avoided.
As a born and bred New Yorker sadly I have to agree about NYC.
When people ask where I'm originally from I say "Upstate NY, far far north of Albany"
Old 06-24-2013, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBoy11
I would give AudiUSA in Atlanta a call and report this dealership. This is totally unacceptable behavior for a car dealer regardless of the brand of cars they are selling or where they are located. The dealer would not be out any money on warranty work as that is fully reimbursed by Audi so I am not sure why they would concoct such a story but either way, Audi really needs to know about this dealer and their business practices. Audi is on a bent to become the luxury car brand of choice in the US and this type of malarkey is certainly not going to help them achieve that goal!
Exactly correct. FYI, Audi just had a big PR event launching this new dealer facility in NYC; it's an Audi owned facility, but is operated by Open Road Auto Group of Bridgewater, N.J., with 14 other dealerships in New York and New Jersey---so I'll bet Audi of America would want to stop this type of conduct straightaway. And just to make your point with Audi, I'd also threaten to file an attempted fraud complaint with the Manhattan DA's office.

Last edited by derfA8L; 06-24-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

[QUOTE=samthemana8;24458050]It was not a mix up, the service rep simply created a lie about my front fender being damaged (which it was not) to get me to pay for the advanced cruise control repair that should be a warranty repair.
QUOTE]

You certainly were the recipient of an obnoxious and dishonest experience, but you should keep in mind that re-alignment of the ACC sensors isn't technically a warranty repair. In your case they should have just offered to re-align everything at no cost, since you've only had the car a short while and since you did purchase the car from them. Having said that, everyone with ACC needs to keep in mind that the sensor cameras can be affected by the same road bumps/pothole occurances that cause your wheels to go out of alignment, necessitating the car to be placed on a 4-wheel alignment machine, and essentially be completely re-aligned (which takes somewhere between 1 and 2 hours). So, if wheel alignment repairs aren't covered by your warranty, don't expect that an ACC camera sensor re-alignmet repair will be.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=derfA8L;24458261]
Originally Posted by samthemana8
It was not a mix up, the service rep simply created a lie about my front fender being damaged (which it was not) to get me to pay for the advanced cruise control repair that should be a warranty repair.
QUOTE]

You certainly were the recipient of an obnoxious and dishonest experience, but you should keep in mind that re-alignment of the ACC sensors isn't technically a warranty repair. In your case they should have just offered to re-align everything at no cost, since you've only had the car a short while and since you did purchase the car from them. Having said that, everyone with ACC needs to keep in mind that the sensor cameras can be affected by the same road bumps/pothole occurances that cause your wheels to go out of alignment, necessitating the car to be placed on a 4-wheel alignment machine, and essentially be completely re-aligned (which takes somewhere between 1 and 2 hours). So, if wheel alignment repairs aren't covered by your warranty, don't expect that an ACC camera sensor re-alignmet repair will be.
If in fact the ACC sensor was knocked out of place by a pothole and it is a valid non-warranty repair I have no problem with that and would of been happy to pay for it.

My problem is with the absolute lies and more lies I was told by the service rep about how my car had been hit by someone and the front fender was visibly damaged, and to top it off he claimed he pointed it out to me at drop-off and video taped it, I cannot trust them to do anything to my car if this is the stuff they come up with.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by derfA8L
Exactly correct. FYI, Audi just had a big PR event launching this new dealer facility in NYC; it's an Audi owned facility, but is operated by Open Road Auto Group of Bridgewater, N.J., with 14 other dealerships in New York and New Jersey---so I'll bet Audi of America would want to stop this type of conduct straightaway. And just to make your point with Audi, I'd also threaten to file an attempted fraud complaint with the Manhattan DA's office.
Audi Manhattan is Open Road

http://www.openroad.com/locations/in...Audi&parentId=
Old 06-24-2013, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by samthemana8

I believe the Audi facility (as well as the attached VW facility) are owned by VAG (Audi and Volkswagen), contracted with Open Road to operate them. At least that's my reading of the following press release. At any rate, the treatment you received from the Open Road staff would shock Audi, especially in view of their branding aspirations.

Audi Press Release:

AUDI AND VOLKSWAGEN ANNOUNCE GRAND OPENING OF NEW MANHATTAN DEALERSHIPS

- Sleek design of the six-story Audi and VW flagship dealerships in New York City offers consumers the ultimate vehicle-shopping experience -

Audi and Volkswagen today announced the grand opening of two new flagship dealerships in New York City. The $135 million financing is Audi and Volkswagen’s largest investment in a dealership real estate project, and is part of the company’s continued growth strategy and operations expansion in the United States.

The brands will kick off the dealership opening with a joint celebration on May, 10, 2013. Attendees included top leaders from both brands including Mr. Hans Dieter Pötsch, member of the board of directors of Volkswagen Group of America.

“As the nation’s leading business hub, and one of the largest and most diverse cities in the world, New York City has always been a vital market for Volkswagen in achieving long-term U.S. growth,” said Jonathan Browning, president and CEO, Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., who visited the new Volkswagen flagship today. “We are proud to continue our commitment to the U.S. market with the grand opening of these flagship Manhattan stores and look forward to having customers in the region visit our newest home.”

“As part of Audi’s U.S. growth strategy, the brand is making major investments in the quality of its dealer network. From facility upgrades to flagship store openings, the Audi dealer network in the U.S. will continue to expand and evolve,” said Scott Keogh, president, Audi of America. “This stunning new flagship Manhattan location is yet another step toward Audi’s goal of becoming the number one luxury automaker in the U.S.”

Beyond this project, the Volkswagen Group is committing $5 billion in North America over the next three years to further strengthen its portfolio and presence in the market.

Strategically located on 11th avenue, between West 56th and West 55th streets in Manhattan, the ultra-modern dealership facility comprises two fully integrated buildings, spanning 265,000 square-feet.

The Volkswagen and Audi dealerships each consist of a main floor showroom, with 17 Volkswagen and 35 Audi service bays. The Volkswagen showroom features its White Frame design concept, which provides a visual framework that highlights the brand’s identity. Audi’s Terminal design showroom features performance, luxury and environmental themes that the brand has become known for in its vehicles.

The original structure of the renovated Volkswagen and Audi facilities was built in the 1930s. Both dealerships will be operated by Open Road Auto Group of Bridgewater, N.J., one of the largest dealers in the area, with retail sales of 19,597 new vehicles in 2010. The group has 14 other dealerships in New York and New Jersey.

Last edited by derfA8L; 06-24-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

[QUOTE=samthemana8;24458306]
Originally Posted by derfA8L

If in fact the ACC sensor was knocked out of place by a pothole and it is a valid non-warranty repair I have no problem with that and would of been happy to pay for it.

My problem is with the absolute lies and more lies I was told by the service rep about how my car had been hit by someone and the front fender was visibly damaged, and to top it off he claimed he pointed it out to me at drop-off and video taped it, I cannot trust them to do anything to my car if this is the stuff they come up with.
I cannot even begin to fathom an ACC camera being knocked out of alignment on a 3 week old car unless you hit a mighty big pothole. And the fact that the Braking Guard was also shown as not available leads me to believe this was a software issue, not an ACC issue per se. Either way, this had to have been a warranty issue or at the least, a courtesy repair with a full explanation of why the light was coming on. In the big scheme of things, pretty simple issue that has been complicated beyond belief!
Old 06-25-2013, 03:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

First item of business, find another Audi dealership. The one good thing about New York is the population density means there should be multiple choices.

Step 2: Contact Audi of America and inform them of this lying, pile of crap dealer in Manhattan. I think your focus should be less on the topic of having to pay for an alignment than it should be on the lies and poor character displayed by a dealership.

Step 3: Post your experience anywhere you can think of: Yelp, Kelly Blue Book, Edmunds, contact the Better Business Bureau and report your experience, etc... The more bad publicity, the better.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

and that is why I don't go to AUDI of Manhattan, fist, they never have the loaner car that you need, when you buy an A8 the said that you will always get an A8 as a loaner if you call in advance for an appointment, well I called 2 weeks in advance and the SA told me that an A8 would not be guaranteed, so I didn't bother to go, instead went 15 minutes away to Town Audi in NJ got an A8 as a loaner and non of the BS, also I called just 2 days in advance. I noticed that they do video tape cars coming in for service.MANHATTAN AUDI SUCKS why did they charge for something that is covered I don't get it. The only time I go there is to the parts dept to buy silly things since is a few blocks from work.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just an update on this.. I moved to Florida, and the dealership here replaced what was a faulty cruise control module under warranty without any problems.

Quick Reply: Audi Manhattan & "ACC and Audi Braking Guard: Unavailable"