AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d4-platform-discussion-190/)
-   -   Center speaker rattle ? Bose (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d4-platform-discussion-190/center-speaker-rattle-bose-2905938/)

Jsmithdmi 12-07-2016 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by AMDG75 (Post 24861791)
If it is similar to the A6, the grill is easy to pry off (start at corner closest to passenger seat), and you will need a 5.5 mm socket. Not being able to control the overwhelming output of this speaker, I disconnected it.

I have removed my center console speaker but as many of you have mentioned that speaker must blow easily. It looks like a new one is 120 bucks and I have to imagine a better speaker is available vs this Bose paper stuff. Anyone know what will fit or am I stuck getting a new replacement speaker.

tenspeed 12-07-2016 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jsmithdmi (Post 24890996)
I have removed my center console speaker but as many of you have mentioned that speaker must blow easily. It looks like a new one is 120 bucks and I have to imagine a better speaker is available vs this Bose paper stuff. Anyone know what will fit or am I stuck getting a new replacement speaker.

Check the A6/A7 C7 sections. There is more than one thread about the Bose center speaker replacement.

mpelanti 02-28-2019 11:25 PM

My Bose center speaker rattled a lot with phone calls and navigation cues (also with some music!) so I decided to replace it with the original 4H0035402 speaker, price was 118 euros from the dealer.

Rattles are now gone! So well worth the effort! Change took 30 mins, most of the time spent for getting the grill out, otherwise the replacement is very easy.

mhoran89 03-07-2019 06:57 AM

I had the B&O speaker system in my '14 A8L and I had the same muffled rattling calls coming through (or sometimes on FM radio).
Anyone experience this with B&O instead of BOSE or am I the only one.

Jibsymalone 03-07-2019 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by mhoran89
I had the B&O speaker system in my '14 A8L and I had the same muffled rattling calls coming through (or sometimes on FM radio).

I too have distortion out of the center speaker on my B&O. Sometimes it seems worse than others, with certain frequencies being more affected than others. I too have briefly looked into a replacement center speaker for this reason...

mhoran89 03-07-2019 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jibsymalone (Post 25286192)
I too have distortion out of the center speaker on my B&O. Sometimes it seems worse than others, with certain frequencies being more affected than others. I too have briefly looked into a replacement center speaker for this reason...

correct it is definitely provoked by certain frequencies

jlouis141 09-02-2023 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by dildildil (Post 24851695)
guys i have a rattle coming from front center speaker on my new to me 2011 audi a8l with factory bose audio... my friend who has a same year same option car has the same issue, is it the speaker thats blown or is it the grill rattle ? some songs its perfectly fine some its horrible and its bad on phone calls and navigation commands if the volume is up ?

how does one remove the speaker grill on that dash to figure if its the grill or speaker itself?

thank you

easier than you think just need a pry tool a good socket set and the hex bit to unscrew the speaker. I'm trying to repair my speaker first with epoxy.

snapdragon 09-02-2023 12:10 PM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...55a2ddedd4.jpg
I think the Sat Nav commands, BT phone and Speech Dialogue use the garbage speaker in the cluster. Listen where it comes from.

jigaro 10-29-2023 10:47 PM

I'm having the same issue, I will try to take a look at the speaker, if it is damaged i guess i will have to replace it. It has the rattle only at certain frequencies.

Originally Posted by mhoran89 (Post 25286171)

fjord 11-01-2023 01:55 PM

While tracing a rattle on my 2014 I ran upon this video which so far has fixed 2 speakers for me: