A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome trim delete

Old 08-23-2018, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by dgbaudiphile
BTW - these are an OE option for 2016 S8 Plus.
I used to hate black wheels but yours and the one on my new SQ5 are changing my mind. There is something to be said about a black wheel and not seeing wheel dust. And yours and my SQ5 still has some machining on the face to provide a shinny element

Old 08-23-2018, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
I used to hate black wheels but yours and the one on my new SQ5 are changing my mind. There is something to be said about a black wheel and not seeing wheel dust. And yours and my SQ5 still has some machining on the face to provide a shinny element

I'm with you 100%. Not until I saw these wheels on an S8, did I fall in love with them. I would have never picked them as an option if I built it. Although I eased into black with titanium wheels on my last S4.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I like where you're going with it audisession, Some may really be offended by my choice in S8 (below) but after owning a few with the signature S aluminum mirrors with matching wheels, trim, etc. (my first was back in 2004), I decided that, 11 years later, it was time to roll with the changes. My first was a 2015 S4 with black optics. At first, I said "no-way", but that's pretty much all the dealership had on the lot and my salesman (who I've known a while) convinced me that I'd like it. I did. Now I'm all about black optics - so much so that I wrapped my 2015 trim and upgraded to 2016 Plus wheels. If you walk the lots of Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Dodge, Cadillac, etc. you'll find more black grills and wheels than ever. Maybe it's a trend, but I doubt it - it's been sneaking up on us for over five years. Come to think of it, I had black Fuchs on my 1986 Porsche 944 (although the rim was silver)!

BTW - indubitably, not everyone will agree with everyone's preferences. I have my opinions on color combinations, ride heights, etc. but try to keep negative opinions to myself. We're all here to share experiences with fellow Audi enthusiasts and should, therefore, respect everyone's tastes and celebrate what everyone's doing to personalize their ride.

Respectfully,

- Black Bart

Hi dgbaudiphile. That's gorgeous rims you have on your audi. May I know the rim model in your picture? I am really looking forward to seeing them rolling on my A4 too. Thank you.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:01 AM

Received 155 Likes on 112 Posts

Those are late model S8 and RS7 oem style. https://midwestwheelandtire.com/prod...lloy-wheel-rim
Old 01-12-2019, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by virtualrc
Those are late model S8 and RS7 oem style. https://midwestwheelandtire.com/prod...lloy-wheel-rim
Thanks virtualrc. Is it proper if I get this for my A4? Or this is dedicated designed for S8/RS7?
Old 01-13-2019, 03:02 AM

Received 155 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by EthanZ
Thanks virtualrc. Is it proper if I get this for my A4? Or this is dedicated designed for S8/RS7?
I'd head over to the A4 forums to see if anyone has done this. I don't have any experience with wheels but I'm sure there would considerations for things like brake system clearance, offset, etc. to consider before switching out to any kind of new wheel on your car.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by virtualrc
I'd head over to the A4 forums to see if anyone has done this. I don't have any experience with wheels but I'm sure there would considerations for things like brake system clearance, offset, etc. to consider before switching out to any kind of new wheel on your car.
Sure. Thanks for the advices.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks EZ. Note that this wheel style.comes in three different finishes. Silver, titanium and black. I chose black.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks EZ. Note that this wheel style.comes in three different finishes. Silver, titanium and black. I chose black.
Cool. I also wonder how those titanium look?
Old 01-14-2019, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelzo
So after watching lots of YouTube videoes etc I bought some Plasti-Dip cans today in black.
Looks like a pretty straightforward (and easy) solution.

I will be doing a small tester area to begin with, and will report back if it's worth it. Looking to delete chrome on grill, window trim etc
@Kelzo How you getting on with this? Starting to think about doing it myself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chrome trim delete