A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Correct MMI Version for 2011?

Old 10-29-2014, 06:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Correct MMI Version for 2011?

I have a 2011. I have some small but annoying issues with the radio memory and other things. The dealer assures me that this is the latest version. Can anyone the me how to verify this? A google search returns all sorts of suspect after-market products.

While I'm at it, how do I find the build date? It's not clear on the front door labels or under the hood. I think it is 05 10

My MMI version number is "HN+_US_AU_P0110".
Old 10-29-2014, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't answer the MMI version, but the build sticker is WAY down on the bottom of the b-pillar as I recall.
Took me over a year to find it
Old 12-10-2014, 09:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a 2011 A8L. I had a software update done this morning. The version went from HN+R_US_AU_P0409 (I think this was the factory shipped version) to HN+R_US_AU_K0715_2
Old 12-11-2014, 08:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jimmyw
I have a 2011 A8L. I had a software update done this morning. The version went from HN+R_US_AU_P0409 (I think this was the factory shipped version) to HN+R_US_AU_K0715_2
I've just taken mine in for service this morning. My version was 110. I suggested that my issues may be solved if the MMI were updated to 751. She was a new SA just back from training . . . so it might just happen (or not).
Old 12-18-2014, 06:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Still Shows Old MMI Version . . .

I just had my car returned and the RO states MMI was updated. My version number is still "HN+_US_AU_P0110".

The journal entry on the RO for this job also lists a part number '4H1-819-354-B'. Description is 'Housing'. WTF?!

It is my impression that if the MMI were updated I would see a new version number. Is this true?

[Back story - Having intermittent issues with radio and climate control setting changing for no apparent reason.]

I would appreciate some feedback before I call the Service Manager.

Thanks guys.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kkirkg
The journal entry on the RO for this job also lists a part number '4H1-819-354-B'. Description is 'Housing'. WTF?!
That's an air vent plenum and looks like it has a motor controlled flap in it as seen here.

Yes your MMI should show a different version if it was updated.

Edit: Version as can be seen here. And I thought mine was behind at 487 !

Name:  MMI_version.png
Views: 669
Size:  816.6 KB

Last edited by jakematic; 12-18-2014 at 06:39 AM. Reason: added version picture
Old 12-18-2014, 07:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had several years worth of software updates done to mine. I found from research that the SVM update the dealer did actually updates all control modules in the car and not only the MMI functions. The sound quality seems better, Bluetooth links up super quick, the coding is a lot smoother so the MMI even boots up quicker. Navigation has many new features such as the ability to save Favorite destinations. Also, when it is calculating the route it now says "Auto traffic rerouting active" along with the other route settings. The telephone book now lets you use the handwriting feature to write in a name to search for. My favorite part is one-shot destination input which let's you input a destination using your voice by reading the whole address and not bit by bit.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thumbs up Thanks for the Great Info

I sent a firm-but-polite email to the service manager with all the necessary facts and version numbers you guys provided to research the MMI issue.

After a bit of thought, I decided not to call but to give him the facts in an email and let him do his research. If I don't hear from him by Monday, then I'll call him. If then no reply - - - call Audi and so sorry about your CSI rating.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Wink

Originally Posted by Kkirkg
I sent a firm-but-polite email to the service manager with all the necessary facts and version numbers you guys provided to research the MMI issue.

After a bit of thought, I decided not to call but to give him the facts in an email and let him do his research. If I don't hear from him by Monday, then I'll call him. If then no reply - - - call Audi and so sorry about your CSI rating.
Hi,

Seems like an old thread but interested to know if you actually managed to get the car MMI updated from "Hn+_US_AU_P0110" - stock on A8 2011?

From my knowledge all A8 (and A6/A7/Q3) are equipped with "Hn+R" soft. (if equipped with MMI 3G+ of course)

A8 2012 is "Hn+R" soft for sure.

"Hn+" soft is on A4/A5/Q5/Q7 - but not on A8!

So this "Hn+" soft on A8 2011 is rather confusing...

So it will be great to know to which software version you got updated to - newer "Hn+" or newer "Hn+R"...

Any input is appreciated!
Old 11-19-2016, 11:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Isn't this the D4 forum? I think you have a D3....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Correct MMI Version for 2011?