A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did Audi dealership ever lie to you?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 580 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by snowsnob
Did you get a used key fob for $240 and Audi programmed it for $85? It is on my to do list for over a year now Thanks!
Negative on used key fobs. Once programmed to a specific car only useful for paperweights, impressing someone with your new pretend ride...or fly by night sales by used car sales sleazes and auction types who must pocket them (and owners manuals) and try to flip on eBay...

FWIW, I ordered fob and key w my mail order dealer contact (emailing them my registration for ownership proof), then brought keys to local dealer. Hard to do though unless they know you.

I tend to do two at same time, since programming charge is fixed. Or if you really luck out, they do something that needs an ECU flash under warranty and then they ask for all your keys. On S8 that's when I pulled out the new ones and managed to get them all programmed with no aded charge.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MP4.2+6.0
Negative on used key fobs. Once programmed to a specific car only useful for paperweights, impressing someone with your new pretend ride...or fly by night sales by used car sales sleazes and auction types who must pocket them (and owners manuals) and try to flip on eBay...

FWIW, I ordered fob and key w my mail order dealer contact (emailing them my registration for ownership proof), then brought keys to local dealer. Hard to do though unless they know you.

I tend to do two at same time, since programming charge is fixed. Or if you really luck out, they do something that needs an ECU flash under warranty and then they ask for all your keys. On S8 that's when I pulled out the new ones and managed to get them all programmed with no aded charge.
Once again thank you! What was the cost to you for just the fob if you don't mind me asking.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

I think mine was $265 or so when I ordered mine .... this was just the fob, programming was an extra $80
Old 03-12-2019, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jibsymalone
I think mine was $265 or so when I ordered mine .... this was just the fob, programming was an extra $80
Perfect. Just wanted to get approximate idea on the cost before I call to order one.
Thank you
Old 03-12-2019, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Audi in Madison WI wants $370 for the key fob only and $81 to program it. Ouch!
Old 03-13-2019, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Audi of Des Moines botched a warranty repair to the sport differential of my wife's S5. Then lied to me about it to my face and tried to charge me to fix it with some B.S. story about a rusty heat shield causing the noise instead of the broken driveshaft cashed by their failure to properly torque bolts.

They refused to fix all of the damage they caused (rear wheel bearing failed 200 miles later) and also bent a rotor style wheel and cut a brand new Michelin super sport tire in two places on the sidewall by hitting curbs during the test drive. And, of course, lied about it and tried to cover it up. They ended up paying for that. They suck, and I will never go back there for anything if I can help it at all