AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d4-platform-discussion-190/)
-   -   Fastest way to Dial??? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d4-platform-discussion-190/fastest-way-dial-2867114/)

fetalsono 06-07-2014 07:43 AM

Fastest way to Dial???

I just purchased a new 2015 A8 (first audi). I have a question about the quickest way to make a call. With my previous car (BMW) there were 6 soft touch buttons in the radio area that could be programmed for radio stations, phone numbers and navigation. I realize that Voice Command is the way to go, but previously I would just touch one button and it would automatically dial my wife or son, etc. No picking a phone number, no saying yes, etc. Is there some way that I can dial with one movement (clicking a button, etc) It seems that whether it is voice command or choosing something there is at least two or more steps.

Thanks for any suggestions

jatp 06-07-2014 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by fetalsono (Post 24575743)
I just purchased a new 2015 A8 (first audi). I have a question about the quickest way to make a call. With my previous car (BMW) there were 6 soft touch buttons in the radio area that could be programmed for radio stations, phone numbers and navigation. I realize that Voice Command is the way to go, but previously I would just touch one button and it would automatically dial my wife or son, etc. No picking a phone number, no saying yes, etc. Is there some way that I can dial with one movement (clicking a button, etc) It seems that whether it is voice command or choosing something there is at least two or more steps.

Thanks for any suggestions

When you sync your phone to the car, it should automatically import your phonebook. Then simply press the voice control button and say, "call XXXXX".

Couldn't be much simpler.

jakematic 06-07-2014 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by jatp (Post 24575745)
simply press the voice control button and say, "call XXXXX".

Couldn't be much simpler.

Agreed.
If you have multiple entries per person you may say "Call _____ cell/office/home"

Most importantly, train the voice recognition as per the manual first.
You have to run through a series of numbers, letters, etc so it can better understand you.

fetalsono 06-07-2014 01:19 PM

Speed dial

Originally Posted by jakematic (Post 24575746)
Agreed.
If you have multiple entries per person you may say "Call _____ cell/office/home"

Most importantly, train the voice recognition as per the manual first.
You have to run through a series of numbers, letters, etc so it can better understand you.

I am really frustrated. I have done the Voice Recognition training twice. I press voice and ask it to call Daniel (my son) - the reply is either, there is no such contact or Pardon. I try fist and last name with same response. I have tried other names as well with only occasional hits. It seems that this is going to be a three click process 1) Phone button 2) Directory 3) Use trackpad to write letter 4) Scroll to person and 5) Click

I am open to any suggestions. I have 4 people that I regularly call - Isn't there some way to assign some button to just press and it will call?

Thanks

jatp 06-07-2014 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by fetalsono (Post 24575801)
I am really frustrated. I have done the Voice Recognition training twice. I press voice and ask it to call Daniel (my son) - the reply is either, there is no such contact or Pardon. I try fist and last name with same response. I have tried other names as well with only occasional hits. It seems that this is going to be a three click process 1) Phone button 2) Directory 3) Use trackpad to write letter 4) Scroll to person and 5) Click

I am open to any suggestions. I have 4 people that I regularly call - Isn't there some way to assign some button to just press and it will call?

Thanks

I know I had some initial problems with the VR before I did the "training". The only things I can think of or suggest, are to make sure that you are using the proper phraseology, the background noise is kept at a minimum, and/or that you are doing this AFTER the telephone has initialized to make sure the contacts are imported.

Apart from that, I've got nothing, sorry. But I can tell you, mine works just fine. Different model, but essentially the same system.