A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017

Fastest way to Dial???

 
Old 06-07-2014, 07:43 AM
  #1  
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fastest way to Dial???

I just purchased a new 2015 A8 (first audi). I have a question about the quickest way to make a call. With my previous car (BMW) there were 6 soft touch buttons in the radio area that could be programmed for radio stations, phone numbers and navigation. I realize that Voice Command is the way to go, but previously I would just touch one button and it would automatically dial my wife or son, etc. No picking a phone number, no saying yes, etc. Is there some way that I can dial with one movement (clicking a button, etc) It seems that whether it is voice command or choosing something there is at least two or more steps.

Thanks for any suggestions
fetalsono is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 07:58 AM
  #2  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 94
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by fetalsono View Post
I just purchased a new 2015 A8 (first audi). I have a question about the quickest way to make a call. With my previous car (BMW) there were 6 soft touch buttons in the radio area that could be programmed for radio stations, phone numbers and navigation. I realize that Voice Command is the way to go, but previously I would just touch one button and it would automatically dial my wife or son, etc. No picking a phone number, no saying yes, etc. Is there some way that I can dial with one movement (clicking a button, etc) It seems that whether it is voice command or choosing something there is at least two or more steps.

Thanks for any suggestions
When you sync your phone to the car, it should automatically import your phonebook. Then simply press the voice control button and say, "call XXXXX".

Couldn't be much simpler.
jatp is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 08:01 AM
  #3  
AudiWorld Super User
 
jakematic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC USA
Posts: 2,883
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jatp View Post
simply press the voice control button and say, "call XXXXX".

Couldn't be much simpler.
Agreed.
If you have multiple entries per person you may say "Call _____ cell/office/home"

Most importantly, train the voice recognition as per the manual first.
You have to run through a series of numbers, letters, etc so it can better understand you.
jakematic is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 01:19 PM
  #4  
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed dial

Originally Posted by jakematic View Post
Agreed.
If you have multiple entries per person you may say "Call _____ cell/office/home"

Most importantly, train the voice recognition as per the manual first.
You have to run through a series of numbers, letters, etc so it can better understand you.
I am really frustrated. I have done the Voice Recognition training twice. I press voice and ask it to call Daniel (my son) - the reply is either, there is no such contact or Pardon. I try fist and last name with same response. I have tried other names as well with only occasional hits. It seems that this is going to be a three click process 1) Phone button 2) Directory 3) Use trackpad to write letter 4) Scroll to person and 5) Click

I am open to any suggestions. I have 4 people that I regularly call - Isn't there some way to assign some button to just press and it will call?

Thanks
fetalsono is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 01:32 PM
  #5  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 94
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by fetalsono View Post
I am really frustrated. I have done the Voice Recognition training twice. I press voice and ask it to call Daniel (my son) - the reply is either, there is no such contact or Pardon. I try fist and last name with same response. I have tried other names as well with only occasional hits. It seems that this is going to be a three click process 1) Phone button 2) Directory 3) Use trackpad to write letter 4) Scroll to person and 5) Click

I am open to any suggestions. I have 4 people that I regularly call - Isn't there some way to assign some button to just press and it will call?

Thanks

I know I had some initial problems with the VR before I did the "training". The only things I can think of or suggest, are to make sure that you are using the proper phraseology, the background noise is kept at a minimum, and/or that you are doing this AFTER the telephone has initialized to make sure the contacts are imported.

Apart from that, I've got nothing, sorry. But I can tell you, mine works just fine. Different model, but essentially the same system.
jatp is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Macmedic89
Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion
24
02-23-2016 12:16 PM
frybear
A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion
7
02-04-2016 09:04 AM
Muray
S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
5
12-16-2011 05:46 PM
Blindranger
TT (Mk1) Discussion
3
08-20-2007 03:59 PM
dkblueA4
A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion
4
12-12-2006 07:54 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fastest way to Dial???


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: