A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally, the "Glam Shots"

Old 04-03-2011, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts
Default Finally, the new D4 "Glam Shots"

So here's the new addition after the long wait.
Attached Images      

Last edited by derfA8L; 04-04-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That 2nd sunroof and armrest trim really help achieve the elegant look in the rear. You are, however, a brave man to choose the light interior. Curious to learn of your Manhattan garaging experience. Some 16 years ago when we lived there (54th & 2nd, garage up from Vongs) space was not the issue for the Range Rover, but I learned the hard lesson of inadequate 'end of year holiday tipping' to the crew - I got to know several body shops quite well!
Old 04-04-2011, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Yea Snow
That 2nd sunroof and armrest trim really help achieve the elegant look in the rear. You are, however, a brave man to choose the light interior. Curious to learn of your Manhattan garaging experience. Some 16 years ago when we lived there (54th & 2nd, garage up from Vongs) space was not the issue for the Range Rover, but I learned the hard lesson of inadequate 'end of year holiday tipping' to the crew - I got to know several body shops quite well!
Yeah, the beige interior will be a challenge, but I did OK with the cream interior I had on my '06 A8---so regualr cleaning should keep the leather looking good. Parking garage horror stories still are the norm in NYC. I'm lucky---my garage gives me a hydraulic lift spot, so the car stays up in the air and out of harm's way. Only issue can be marring the rims on the lift's side rails, but it happens very infrequently---and, of course, I tip generously at Christmas time :^)
Old 04-04-2011, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful car in a beautiful setting.

Congratulations on the arrival in the family. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much I do mine. 16,000+ miles and going even stronger.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jetinder
Beautiful car in a beautiful setting.

Congratulations on the arrival in the family. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much I do mine. 16,000+ miles and going even stronger.
Thanks Jet. Coming out of 2 prior D3's, I didn't think this new D4 would put as big a smile on my face as it has---Thought I'd be somewhat jaded/spoiled at this point, but this car is at a whole different level...As you already know :^)

Last edited by derfA8L; 04-04-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Very elegant.

Which Drive Select settings do you tend to use?
Old 04-05-2011, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mkaresh
Very elegant.

Which Drive Select settings do you tend to use?
Elegant? My wife and the car, yes; certainly not me however ;^)

For the Drive Select Plus I keep the steering mode in DYNAMIC, with the other modes set to AUTO. The exception is for the air suspension, which I change to DYNAMIC for highway/higher speed driving. I haven't played with the rear differential setting yet, so for now it's in AUTO mode. The new 8-speed tranny is so good that I don't really feel the need to keep it in any setting other than AUTO.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Congratulations

The photos are very nice--elegant car and setting. Drive it in good health!!
Old 04-05-2011, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by scottphillip
The photos are very nice--elegant car and setting. Drive it in good health!!
Many thanks. Good health is most important...followed closely by a fun & relaxing drive through the country!!! :^)
Old 04-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by derfA8L
Elegant? My wife and the car, yes; certainly not me however ;^)

For the Drive Select Plus I keep the steering mode in DYNAMIC, with the other modes set to AUTO. The exception is for the air suspension, which I change to DYNAMIC for highway/higher speed driving. I haven't played with the rear differential setting yet, so for now it's in AUTO mode. The new 8-speed tranny is so good that I don't really feel the need to keep it in any setting other than AUTO.
Congrats on the new Audi A8!! just wondering, how does it drive in the "comfort" mode?
Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally, the "Glam Shots"