A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Timer!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 05:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Timer!

Just arrived home from a 100 mile drive with my very first Audi vehicle. I picked up a 2011 A8 that was gently used with 61K miles on it. The vehicle is Black exterior with the Football Color leather inside (Nougat), which I happen to love the combination. The vehicle was a trade in at a Mercedes dealership, which they sold on their lot. Carfax, complete maintenance records and looks like a new vehicle inside and out. I have to say the pride of ownership is pretty amazing, but so was the gas mileage I was getting on the way home.

Cant wait to figure everything out on this vehicle, in addition to putting my first coat of Klasse sealant on after I put the all in one on.

Taking it in tomorrow to the local Indy shop for an inspection. Hope it goes well.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Old 04-27-2017, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

I also am a fan of the brown interiors, very nice. SWB, sans LED headlights and adaptive cruise makes it deep in the cheap end for an A8, $25k abouts? I don't mean that negatively, you get a whole lot of car for the money. Economical, reliable, quick, and comfortable on any trip, it's a hard car to top, and one that kind of spoils lesser models for you from here on out. Unless it was abused, there is a short list of things to look out for. These are hard on the front suspension in general and get any recalls done, there is at least one big one for that year. Enjoy, it's a lovely car, especially if you're lucky enough to have the diamond stitched seats!
Old 04-28-2017, 01:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts

Welcome!
Old 04-28-2017, 01:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jack88
I also am a fan of the brown interiors, very nice. SWB, sans LED headlights and adaptive cruise makes it deep in the cheap end for an A8, $25k abouts? I don't mean that negatively, you get a whole lot of car for the money. Economical, reliable, quick, and comfortable on any trip, it's a hard car to top, and one that kind of spoils lesser models for you from here on out. Unless it was abused, there is a short list of things to look out for. These are hard on the front suspension in general and get any recalls done, there is at least one big one for that year. Enjoy, it's a lovely car, especially if you're lucky enough to have the diamond stitched seats!
Thanks for the reply, you are right on the money. Paid $25K for the vehicle and it does have the diamond stitched seats with the massaging seats. Interior is beautiful in this car and either the people never did anything or it is made so well that it still looks like it just rolled off the factory. No creases in any of the seats, headliner is perfect, wood/dash great, etc. Very happy and was shocked at what I was getting for gas mileage on the interstate coming home.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Was also wondering if anyone has ever had any experience with purchasing a CPO vehicle that was traded in at a dealership? I realize that this should make it null and void, but the CPO has a few months on it and not that I think anything is wrong or will go wrong, but will it still be active??

The dealership I purchased the vehicle from bought me a replacement key, as they only had one for the car. I think I read that the only place to get this programmed is at the Audi Dealership? Thanks,
Old 04-28-2017, 01:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by SoG Husky
Was also wondering if anyone has ever had any experience with purchasing a CPO vehicle that was traded in at a dealership? I realize that this should make it null and void, but the CPO has a few months on it and not that I think anything is wrong or will go wrong, but will it still be active??

The dealership I purchased the vehicle from bought me a replacement key, as they only had one for the car. I think I read that the only place to get this programmed is at the Audi Dealership? Thanks,
CPO has been transferable for some years now. Originally (in early millennium) it was transferable, then switched to not transferable when I got my 2006 A8, but it has been back to transferable for some years. Need to look at Audi USA web site (or talk to Audi dealer service) to see how you complete the transfer so you get CPO benefit.

CPO checklist item is that all keys and manuals are to be provided. But sounds like you are a later non CPO sale of a prior Audi CPO vehicle so they weren't technically required to provide all keys. There is a third little used plasti-key BTW too. Unfortunately, the dealer programming needed is the most expensive part overall. Having watched this movie play out on D3 board for years, risky long term if you have only one key and ever...ever...lose it if you plan to keep car longer term. Programming charge is also usually the same regardless of key count, so consider just sucking it up and having whatever key count is desired and then programmed. In programming it, all lost keys get wiped too. You can see how many keys are nominally currently authorized on one of the MMI display screens if you poke around.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 04-28-2017 at 01:57 AM.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

It's still under warranty? That's even better. Confirm when it will expire and make sure someone goes over that car with a very fine tooth comb toward the end of it to try to catch anything that might be covered. Often you see a part is failing before you the driver notice symptoms.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice car. Mine is the same color combo and have had it a couple months. Although I don't think black on nougat is very rare... lol
Old 04-28-2017, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Congratulations! You can use Audi chat and give them your vin to verify if CPO coverage is still active. CPO coverage stays with the car with the exception of cars purchased in CA. There is some exception for CA cars that allows the previous owner to submit for a refund of the remaining warranty when they sell the car. Also you can use your vin# to check for outstanding recalls on your car. If you didn't happen to get the owners manual with the car you can also use your vin to view that online. I kind of prefer the online version as you can search it.

Links below:

Chat

Recalls

Owners Manual

Quick Reply: First Timer!