A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodyear Eagle Sport all season tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodyear Eagle Sport all season tires

Has anyone tried Goodyear Eagle Sport All-season tires in 265 40 20 on your A8? I am thinking about these to replace my current tires.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WillD13
Has anyone tried Goodyear Eagle Sport All-season tires in 265 40 20 on your A8? I am thinking about these to replace my current tires.
I know I am not directly addressing your question but may I recommend Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06’s? I use that tire on all my cars - year round - and I couldn’t be more pleased. So when I bought my 2009 S8 two months ago those were the first things I bought. Fabulous tire! And, no, I have no affiliation with Continental other than I am a very satisfied customer.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
... I recommend Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06’s?... I have no affiliation with Continental other than I am a very satisfied customer.
Agree 100% on Continental DWS. I'm on my second set. My first set lasted over 4-years/36k miles (2014 summer to 2018 fall) and as the tires wore-down, tire noise or traction never became an issue.

Good luck on your decision.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Better size is 275/40/20
Old 05-13-2019, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I ran the GoodYear Eagle Sports in a 275/40/20 on mine. Loved them and would purchase again, however I had a hard time getting them from Tire Rack that didn't shake for some reason. I'd get them from a GoodYear dealer IMO. I had the best luck with them from the GoodYear dealer anyway.

I like the Michelins Pilot Sport N-Spec I have now the best however. Got them from TireRack and they were made for the Panemera, they are the best tire I've had on the 8. They are pricey but worth it.

The Conti DWS-06 I never liked on the 8 at all. Mushy, liked to hydroplane and not as good as the Michelin or the GoodYear in the snow, also got real noisy and blew internal belts on them easily it seemed. I'll never buy another set of them for any of my vehicles. All were same 275/40/20 sizing.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts

KnappAttack, nice A8! Your car is spec'd exactly how I want my next A8. Bulletproof engine and all the modern luxuries. I would prefer black exterior, thou ; )

How do you like it?
Old 05-14-2019, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 2001 S8
KnappAttack, nice A8! Your car is spec'd exactly how I want my next A8. Bulletproof engine and all the modern luxuries. I would prefer black exterior, thou ; )

How do you like it?
Thanks, I like the car when it is up to snuff which isn't often, or at least it won't stay that way for long. Honestly, I whished I'd never seen it. It eats front suspension bushings for breakfast and becomes somewhat ill handling. I know this much, I'd never own another Audi after after the two we have now are gone. I now have 138,000 miles on it and been thru about four sets of front suspension bushings (and is in need of another set already) including one set of lower rear bushings, and our roads are really not that bad around here. But it's had numerous other issues as well, so I've bought my last Audi that is certain. My wifes 6 is better than my 8 for reliability, but not by much.

I had an old 05 A6 4.2 sport package Audi that didn't need front suspension work till 192,000 miles. It was possibly the most reliable vehicle we ever owned! I loved that car and it was the reason I decided to buy another. I think these two newer ones are actually a step backwards for quality and certainly reliability. No more direct injection engines for me either, so the choices are not many out there. Lexus has added port injection back into their engines, I believe the Hemi is still port injected and Subaru still has some port injected engines. So the options are limited for my future, I just know I'm done with VW/Audi as a brand. Too many other good options out there now that are just as good and really actually way better for reliability.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi KnappAttack,

Thanks for the response. I have run Michelin Pilot N-Specs before and they were very good. I thought they just ok in the rain. I will probably try the Goodyear Eagles from a Goodyear dealer.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by WillD13
Hi KnappAttack,

Thanks for the response. I have run Michelin Pilot N-Specs before and they were very good. I thought they just ok in the rain. I will probably try the Goodyear Eagles from a Goodyear dealer.

If you only thought the N-Spec was just OK, you will not like the GoodYear quiet as much in the rain. It will hydroplane quicker than the N-Spec.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

At the risk of sounding like a sycophant (which I am not) or even a paid-spokesperson (I wish) I drove my S8 through torrential rains over the weekend and my Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06’s performed flawlessly. Of course I also had 12 years of experience with my 2004 AL8 and had equal success with the predecessor of the 06’s (which is the model, not the year).

YMMV (as the acronym goes).

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Quick Reply: Goodyear Eagle Sport all season tires