A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my new A8 L 3.0 today...questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my new A8 L 3.0 today...questions

After much searching I just purchased a Silver CPO 2013 A8 L 3.0 and I absolutely love it! However, I can't get these two features to work:

-The parking assistance doesn't seem to come on automatically when I'm parking or getting close to objects. Really troubling since I'm new to the car and still figuring out judging the dimensions. I checked under Car > Settings, and everything looks enabled, even tested the volume, etc. The sensors are definitely working because I see the expected info when I press the P on the dash.

-I have the Driver's Assistance Package which has been great, except I can't get the lane assist to vibrate the wheel when drifting out of my lane. Again, checked all of the settings, even changed it to Early and Strong. When changing the settings, the wheel vibrates as expected, but not even when I'm going over a solid or dashed white line.

Thoughts/suggestions welcome!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by S4Jason
After much searching I just purchased a Silver CPO 2013 A8 L 3.0 and I absolutely love it! However, I can't get these two features to work:

-The parking assistance doesn't seem to come on automatically when I'm parking or getting close to objects. Really troubling since I'm new to the car and still figuring out judging the dimensions. I checked under Car > Settings, and everything looks enabled, even tested the volume, etc. The sensors are definitely working because I see the expected info when I press the P on the dash.
Congrats on your new toy.

Parking Assist only comes automatically when reversing. If you're moving forward into a tight space, you have to push the "P" button on the dash to enable manually.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

-I have the Driver's Assistance Package which has been great, except I can't get the lane assist to vibrate the wheel when drifting out of my lane. Again, checked all of the settings, even changed it to Early and Strong. When changing the settings, the wheel vibrates as expected, but not even when I'm going over a solid or dashed white line.

Thoughts/suggestions welcome!
It's foiled me several times:The button on the end of the turn signal lever has to be depressed before lane assist will function. A yellow road icon will appear in the upper instument cluster. At 40 mph it will turn green.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ah...thank you both so much! Will try it out.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Would you buy the 3.0 again? or go with the 4.0

Ah...thank you both so much! Will try it out.