A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads Up Display Coding A8 UK 2016

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 02:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heads Up Display Coding A8 UK 2016

I have recently purchased a 2016 model A8 Sport, according to the brochure the ACC/Active Lane Assist should be available as an MMI "content option" for the HUD but it looks like Audi have chosen not enable it. I have even found a video on the UK website with it shown!

Whilst I ague with Audi UK, I have being looking at coding using VCDS.

My HUD Module is 4H0 919 617 A (no label file) whereas most posts relate to 4G8 919 604 L

By trial and error is seems like the coding is very similar as I can control the following HUD menu content items by changing the bits. I can enable everything except (ACC/Lane Assist)

Bit 0 is Traffic Sign Recognition
Bit 1 is Navigation
Bit 2 (should be Lane Assist - but changing this bit has no effect)
Bit 3 unknown
Bit 4 is Night Vision
Bit 5 is Cruise Control - but not ACC
Bit 6+5 is out of range bit 6 on its own has no effect
Bit 7 unknown (poss seat memory)

Although I don't have Night Vision once enabled I can control the state using the MMI Personal Settings in Adaptation.

Does anyone have any more information/ideas. Attached is the scan for the whole car.

Cheers,
Attached Files
File Type: txt
YY65BXE.txt (23.7 KB, 1054 views)
Old 02-22-2016, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wanman! THNX for sharing. This is what I have been looking for a loooonnnnggg time.
My retofited HUD showed only speed. Now I have eveything coded!!
Old 02-22-2016, 10:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Retro fitted HUD....can you tell us more about that please ?

Parts, Cost, options you had, Car details you fitted it in to ?

Thanks

Si
Old 10-01-2017, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Wanman
Thanks for this post! Coming from am 2012 A7 with a HUD containing all the usefull information like ACC, Lane Assist, ..., I am a bit disappointed of the HUD in my new Audi S8 plus.
I do not fully understand, if you did find a solution to activate the missing information (ACC, Lane Assist,..) in the HUD in the S8 by VCDS coding? If so, can you explain where exactely I have to change which byte in which address?
Thank you very much in advance!
Phil
Old 10-01-2017, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Phil68
Hi Wanman
Thanks for this post! Coming from am 2012 A7 with a HUD containing all the usefull information like ACC, Lane Assist, ..., I am a bit disappointed of the HUD in my new Audi S8 plus.
I do not fully understand, if you did find a solution to activate the missing information (ACC, Lane Assist,..) in the HUD in the S8 by VCDS coding? If so, can you explain where exactely I have to change which byte in which address?
Thank you very much in advance!
Phil
1st check if you can switch on all options in MMI. As far I remember Car -> Assist system -> HUD
if all is enable you need to use VCDS go to Head-UP Display -> Long Coding -> code blind accordingly to description from post 1. Blind because bytes do not have description in VCDS.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rafi.kadafi
1st check if you can switch on all options in MMI. As far I remember Car -> Assist system -> HUD
if all is enable you need to use VCDS go to Head-UP Display -> Long Coding -> code blind accordingly to description from post 1. Blind because bytes do not have description in VCDS.
Thanks Rafi for your help. In the MMI there are in fact only three options available (traffic signs, speed and navigation) which I did all activate.
For me the first post is not very clear about the exact code. He wrote: "I can enable everything except (ACC and Lane Assist)". So my question here is: Are you sure that enabling ACC and Lane Assist in the S8 HUD is acctually possible? If so, do you or anybody here knows, which bytes must be changed?
Thanks again.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Phil68
Thanks Rafi for your help. In the MMI there are in fact only three options available (traffic signs, speed and navigation) which I did all activate.
For me the first post is not very clear about the exact code. He wrote: "I can enable everything except (ACC and Lane Assist)". So my question here is: Are you sure that enabling ACC and Lane Assist in the S8 HUD is acctually possible? If so, do you or anybody here knows, which bytes must be changed?
Thanks again.
Hi! I My car does not have ACC but on Lane Assist. I did tick Byte 2 as per post 1 and it worked for me. You might need to add this option in MMI by going into green menu of MMI and ticking that in one of the submenu. I do not remember right now which exactly.
Lane Assist will only give you green or red icon on HUD. BTW this is weird that it's not configured on your car since it came from factory which these systems I assume.
I retrofitted Lane Assist and HUD as well so I had to do it.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ok, fine. I will try and error in the next days hoping to find the right solution to activate both the ACC and the LA. Thanks!
Old 02-20-2019, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HUD Mod

Originally Posted by wanman
I have recently purchased a 2016 model A8 Sport, according to the brochure the ACC/Active Lane Assist should be available as an MMI "content option" for the HUD but it looks like Audi have chosen not enable it. I have even found a video on the UK website with it shown!

Whilst I ague with Audi UK, I have being looking at coding using VCDS.

My HUD Module is 4H0 919 617 A (no label file) whereas most posts relate to 4G8 919 604 L

By trial and error is seems like the coding is very similar as I can control the following HUD menu content items by changing the bits. I can enable everything except (ACC/Lane Assist)

Bit 1 is Navigation
Bit 3 unknown
Bit 4 is Night Vision

Although I don't have Night Vision once enabled I can control the state using the MMI Personal Settings in Adaptation.

Does anyone have any more information/ideas. Attached is the scan for the whole car.

Cheers,
What Module were you in in order to change these bits? If you can provide more detail on what you did. I only get the option for Speed to show in HUD? Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
09S5 (07-10-2021)
Old 04-02-2019, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default HUD + cruice control

Hi,

I did a retrofit of the HUD on my 2010 A8 4H and cannot get the cruise control started in the HUD too.

Does anyone have a idea why the cruice control data is not tranfered?
I did the coding acordonly list below;

Bit 1 is Navigation
Bit 3 unknown
Bit 4 is Night Vision

Although I have cruice control enabled I can control the state using the MMI Personal Settings.

Last edited by mmi.drachten; 04-22-2019 at 01:08 AM.
The following users liked this post:
09S5 (07-10-2021)

Quick Reply: Heads Up Display Coding A8 UK 2016