A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A-Hole Hits My Parked 3 Week Old 2015 S8

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A-Hole Hits My Parked 3 Week Old 2015 S8

After looking for the biggest most out of the way parking spot for dinner and a movie, I come out to this.

Name:  6CB1649C-3486-4B4A-BD9D-9C88356D5877-602-000000B1C92C52E3_zps8505cd92.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  192.9 KB

There is a hole in the rear quarter. There is NO rear quarter panel so there is no panel to replace. So, I wonder how that's going to be fixed.

My door is dinged up and scratched as well. Wheel is also scratched. It will need an alignment.

I was in downtown livermore, Ca (ie "nice" part of town). I didn't see a car or anyone around.

My plan is to take the car to my local Audi (Rector or Steven's Creek) Dealer and have them take care of it while my insurance company takes care of the damage.

I'm guessing $10k in damages. Easy. Paint blending (ugh), body work (aluminum cutting, welding, shaping, ugh), diminished value (ugh)...How does THAT work in a hit and run.

Anyone have recommendations on a body shop in the area that has experience with our fancy Aluminum bodies/frames.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Man, I feel for you. It scares me to park in any parking lot. That is the one benefit of being handicapped and having a handicapped tag, I get spaces with a little more clearance. Hope you have good success in getting it repaired.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

That's tough to look at. Really sorry you have to go through this process, but hopefully the car will be back in your garage soon, good as new. BTW, was a police report filed? That is a hit-and-run situation, and constitutes a criminal offense...and your insurance company likely needs the report. Probably some drunk A-hole.

It always amazes me that virtually every time I go out of my way to find a lone-out-of-the-way parking spot, there's a van or truck parked right next to me. Never fails 😡

Good news is no one was injured and I have no doubt that your car will be properly repaired. Still, it doesn't make it any easier to deal with on a practical or emotional level---I'd probably (no, very likely) be absolutely crazed. I really feel your pain. Keep us informed on how things progress.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh man... that about brings tears to my eyes

Seems that idiots find the nice vehicles no matter where you park.
First week I had the D3 some moron backed into it - in the middle of nowhere.

Make sure to use a certified aluminum repair shop recommended by Audi, and fight the insurance company if you have to.
Hopefully there is security video somewhere that will help track down the perpetrator.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

damn, that is tough, so sorry. Happened to me a few years ago with a week old car (Maserati Quattroporte). But take heart, with the love and support of my family and a couple years of therapy I got over it.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 579 Likes on 485 Posts
Default Too bad to hear; local shop

That's too bad. Yes, expensive in back w / need to cut out any badly damaged metal. Door is more straight forward.

FWIW, being on the Peninsula, I have used Superior Auto Body in San Carlos. Aluminum certified for either Audi or Jag. It used to be Rector's own go-to shop before Rector re-opened their own body shop again. It had been closed for some years. Did my D3 A8 work from a hit and run into a simpler front fender area, and then later a rock hit to the other side number and fender. All high quality work. Similar results w/ a friend who used them for an XJ8.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Kbrookings
damn, that is tough, so sorry. Happened to me a few years ago with a week old car (Maserati Quattroporte). But take heart, with the love and support of my family and a couple years of therapy I got over it.
A couple of years of therapy? Surely, you jest!

Originally Posted by MP4.2+6.0
That's too bad. Yes, expensive in back w / need to cut out any badly damaged metal. Door is more straight forward.

FWIW, being on the Peninsula, I have used Superior Auto Body in San Carlos. Aluminum certified for either Audi or Jag. It used to be Rector's own go-to shop before Rector re-opened their own body shop again. It had been closed for some years. Did my D3 A8 work from a hit and run into a simpler front fender area, and then later a rock hit to the other side number and fender. All high quality work. Similar results w/ a friend who used them for an XJ8.

I used superior in the past with my Lamborghini, but boy did that take forever....

I think I'll take it to the dealer I bought it from so I can get a "real" loaner!

Thanks for all the kind words! Anywords on diminished value now?

What a way to leave the old year with a bang...

Name:  8739F19B-2EA3-441B-A053-8F2C02361B8F-673-000000E0A55B4F27_zpsa370d0ae.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  98.1 KB
Old 12-31-2014, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by derfA8L
That's tough to look at. Really sorry you have to go through this process, but hopefully the car will be back in your garage soon, good as new. BTW, was a police report filed? That is a hit-and-run situation, and constitutes a criminal offense...and your insurance company likely needs the report. Probably some drunk A-hole.

It always amazes me that virtually every time I go out of my way to find a lone-out-of-the-way parking spot, there's a van or truck parked right next to me. Never fails ��

Good news is no one was injured and I have no doubt that your car will be properly repaired. Still, it doesn't make it any easier to deal with on a practical or emotional level---I'd probably (no, very likely) be absolutely crazed. I really feel your pain. Keep us informed on how things progress.
Yes, I got a police report.

Funny the only other time I needed "insurance" work, the police that showed up said I didn't need one. In my naitivete, I believed that cop. When I contacted my insurance, the first thing they asked for was for a police report.

The police I called yesterday tried to tell me the same thing ("no need for a report") I just said "thank you for filling one out for me". There was NO way I was going to make the same mistake and "believe" what a cop tells me.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was driving a Lexus loaner one day while mine was in the shop and a guy rear ended me while I was stopped at a red light. Police did come, but when I asked for a report he said, "I won't do one at all since no one was injured." He was steadfast and left without doing one.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RED HORSE
"I won't do one at all since no one was injured." He was steadfast and left without doing one.
They are getting really bad about filling out paperwork these days.
I would have said "Great, hold still while I take a picture of you at the scene!"

Quick Reply: A-Hole Hits My Parked 3 Week Old 2015 S8